Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
It really looks I'll have to keep my Jolla sbj1 forever in reserve even as I have switched using ported Nexus5 as daily driver...
I had thought of selling or donating it but it seems I just cannot.

Since the Nexus only sees a limitd selection on Harbour (just the same 16 apps always, never more) I need to first download anything new with sbj1 and only after that I can install them to Nexus with pkcon/zypper...

I understand the core reasoning; Jolla cannot allow ported devices free access to Store since it is about the only proprietary part they have and using it is good for the licencing deals.
However it would be nice if those users that have registered their Jolla account with a genuine device could access it with ported devices too.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2016 @ Czech Republic
I had this problem on Nexus 4 but not anymore. Since this week I have access to Store and there is all apps not only 16 like before .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuba77 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I wnder if there is anything that can be done on the device side to enable that, refreshing of repositories or something...?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Peoples says reactivating jolla account helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2016 @ Czech Republic
No, I don't change anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to kuba77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
The store works fine on Fairphone 2, maybe ask Mal- what he did to get it working?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Since i barely use the jolla store i checked it after reading this thread. It displayed only a few apps. I solved this by starting the terminal app and checked the enabled repos with

ssu lr

The store repo was missing, i enabled it with

ssu ar store

and refreshed the repos with

pkcon refresh

and now all the apps are back.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Peoples says reactivating jolla account helps.
Unfortunately it dose not work for me.

Whay I did is;
  • 1.) remove Jolla account from settings->accounts
  • 2.) wait about 15 minutes in case there are background processes that need to do some cleanup
  • 3.) recreate my account in settings

No change in store access, can still see just the same 16 apps, nothing more.

Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
The store works fine on Fairphone 2, maybe ask Mal- what he did to get it working?
We had the same Problem on FP for about 1 month

Jolla has solved it....

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Allright, it has been solved now!

Thousand thanks to @sledges & @pketo who fixed it; now my Nexus5 sees all the applications in the store!

How it happened; it seems that the store has already been open for all ported Nexus4, Nexus5 and Fairphone2 devices, however when the store backend was updated some time ago there was a regression that blocked the Nexus5 devices off. Now that bug in configuration has been resolved and Nexus5 users can access Harbour again.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: