Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I have a question, I've flashed everything as you wrote into the guide, gapps (mini) right after sfdroid zip, we'll, have I to see the gapps in the apps list?
gapps will be in sfdroid. Android apps are not yet in the sailfish app drawer.
Originally Posted by breiti_oi View Post
i think you have to install the gapps right after the cm12.1 zip and the sfdroid at last, after the sailfish file.
I just updated topic for a simpler path that includes flashing together. It should now go cm12.1=> sailfish => sensorsfix3.zip => sfdroid => gapps => reboot => devel-su usermod -G net_bt_stack -a nemo => reboot

re: libjni_latinimegoogle.so, it doesn't appear in all the gapps packages (such as the one I was testing with), but it still had the issue.

This issue was fixed in upstream CM at some point, since it's present in a snapshot without sfos from around this time. We're looking for the fix.

Edit: pico gapps still bundle in the swype support blobs, so it doesn't fix the issue. I finally properly updated the main topic with better instructions.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-08 at 19:22.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
I just updated topic for a simpler path that includes flashing together. It should now go cm12.1=> sailfish => sensorsfix3.zip => sfdroid => gapps => reboot => devel-su usermod -G net_bt_stack -a nemo => reboot
I've got followed the sequence above, sfdroid starts, but aosp keyboard have force close, so, I can't write anything.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
I've got followed the sequence above, sfdroid starts, but aosp keyboard have force close, so, I can't write anything.
Same here. I've flashed nano gapps.

The Following User Says Thank You to piwadam For This Useful Post:
Very weird, I tested that method before posting it. Assuming pico or nano gapps were used, try this (no tested solution for the "stock" package):
Code:
devel-su
rm -rf /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so
rm -rf /system/app/LatinIME/lib/arm/libjni_latinimegoogle.so
reboot
For new installs, we're rolling our own gapps for now: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt...oswypelibs.zip

Boot order doesn't matter with this solution (tested three different ways from clean flashes). If you want swype, you'll need to install google keyboard from the play store and use that.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-09 at 21:36.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
well, now kb works fine, I've installed whatsapp and l'd like to install some other Android apps, is it possible to have something like a shortcut for Android apps so we will can use them in Sailfish?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I did a fresh install without gapps on my second N5. I had no keyboard issues. The stock SFOS camera stopped working after using the sfdroid camera application. I couldn't test BT and WiFi since the hardware is broken on this device. SFOS and sfdroid seems to work much faster on this build. Would the sfdroid release need a fresh install?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I did a fresh install without gapps on my second N5. I had no keyboard issues. The stock SFOS camera stopped working after using the sfdroid camera application. I couldn't test BT and WiFi since the hardware is broken on this device. SFOS and sfdroid seems to work much faster on this build. Would the sfdroid release need a fresh install?
Network works and is controlled by sfos (using dbus). No BT functionality on sfdroid.

Thank you for pointing out the camera issue, I tested sfos camera, then aosp (sfdroid) camera, but apparently never went back to test sfos camera afterward. A reboot fixes the sfos camera again, possibly a sfos quit/reopen (can't test right now due to nonfunctional sfdroid testing).

Do you mean a fresh install for gapps? If so, there's no need so long as you use the gapps linked in the topic now. The only time a fresh install is needed for sfdroid support is if the cm12.1 base is the old "SNAPSHOT" build that was linked earlier (tags were mismatched), or cm11.0 base. When 2.0.2 is released, new flashes will be easier however due to the cloud backup/restore support.

Once you're on the new cm12.1 base, reflashes won't be necessary, and you can ota to new sfos versions in the future (since we're on obs now and patternised) .

well, now kb works fine, I've installed whatsapp and l'd like to install some other Android apps, is it possible to have something like a shortcut for Android apps so we will can use them in Sailfish?
It's not currently supported. nh1402 has been talking about working on this. For now, you need to open sfdroid to handle switching apps. My current priority is fixing a few intermittent crashes I've run into and reducing out-of-memory instances.

Which reminds me: If android is stuck on the bootanimation after leaving the card open, it crashed and hasn't been started back up correctly. Quit sfdroid, and reopen from the app drawer, then it will boot. Unfortunately if it looped too long, those count as failed boots so art will re-optimize apps. This is a pain, and is one of the reasons my priorities are on stabilizing.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-10 at 00:50.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Alo is possible downgrade bootloader from hhz12k to hhz12hb ? I try install cm12.1 base in recovery this package support bootloader hhz12h , thx for guide

The Following User Says Thank You to wganis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wganis View Post
Alo is possible downgrade bootloader from hhz12k to hhz12hb ? I try install cm12.1 base in recovery this package support bootloader hhz12h , thx for guide
Removing the check in the updater script should be enough I would have thought.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Removing the check in the updater script should be enough I would have thought.
Can you please post the line that needs to be removed?

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid