I created an UI Concept for fun. It's a mix between Nokia's Meego Harmattan Swipe UI and Jolla's Sailfish UI.

Unfortunately no streaming platform seems to support 60FPS, so I suggest downloading via Dropbox.

Dropbox untouched Video (60FPS smooth)
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4m0u591opcy...ncept.mp4?dl=1

Youtube (30FPS laggy)) change quality to 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4M-J...ature=youtu.be

Vimeo (30FPS laggy)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I love it!!! If it has the same notification system as Harmattan too.. Oh that would be a dream come true...

Also, it would be awesome to borrow the same top bar (where the clock, signal status.. Etc) concept from Ubuntu Mobile.. (with only a long press), a short press would trigger the same drop down menu from Harmattan.

Also the main menu's icons are not so great, but that's easy to change.. But it brings up a question to my head, in ur concept, does allow for an easy theme change? Or is it like Sailfish with their "ambiance" change..

Last edited by bandora; 2013-01-13 at 13:15.

BB10 or Harmattan Status bar wouldn't work that well together with pulley menus.

Themeing would follow Jolla's ambiance idea.

Sure those icons there are not the best looking ones, as they were chosen to proof this idea I had: Thoughts about Icon templates for new OS like Nemo or Sailfish

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-01-13 at 13:42.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
great concept and video!

i also thought a harmattanesque event screen would be very nice to have on a jolla phone.
in your concept, did you think about interacting with apps in multitasking view like in sailfish?

Yes, but with small buttons in the Tiles instead of gestures.

Gestures could work too, if you lock carousel rotation of homescreens as soon as you touch a tile, but that could be too much unintuitive.

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-01-13 at 14:24.

Unfortunately it is not like this. I dont know why and probably I am the only one, but Sailfish looks very complex and disorganized. Just swiping anywhere everywhere cannot make an OS. There is no articulation of thought and design

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by Chai View Post
Unfortunately it is not like this. I dont know why and probably I am the only one, but Sailfish looks very complex and disorganized. Just swiping anywhere everywhere cannot make an OS. There is no articulation of thought and design
Its still in its preliminary stages. Will be improved upon for sure. I think Ubuntu Phone is the better OS of the 2.

Well, if and when Sailfish will publish their UI you can as well tweak it the way you want

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Well, if and when Sailfish will publish their UI you can as well tweak it the way you want
That's not going to be the case. Remember how "open" the N9 was and yet the UI was closed?

It'll invariably be the same thing for Jolla and their upcoming UI. "As open as we can make it" might refer only to the MeeGo parts, not the Jolla UI specific parts.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
This is what i want best way for all. Only the icons... maybewithout the whire background... and all is fine

ich vermisse irgendwie das n9