This is directed to people who have tried / used or still are using Quickbar BETA app, and is intended to collect feedback.

What did you like about it?
What did you not like about it?
What would you like to see improved / changed?
What works well?
What does not work at all?

You can get it from the harbour store as well as openrepos:

https://openrepos.net/content/giuliettasw/quickbar-beta

App is usually published first on open repos, then goes to harbour.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2018-03-08 at 21:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Never heard, what is it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Updated post with info on where to get it.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following User Says Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I tried that back in the days and all I remeber is that I didn't find that useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
I tried that back in the days and all I remeber is that I didn't find that useful.
You mean you tried and it didnt work?
Do you recall if it was SFOS 1 or 2?

No. It did work. But I didn't find any use for that. My jolla died so I can't try it again and tell you exactly why but......
The thing is that sometimes people tend to go over the top for some specific case/uasge pattern. And that's OK. But when you end up with 125487 alternate ways to do something that's already possible in the system anyway then it becomes quite messy. Just like those gazillion patches or 62490 GS extensions or 9872648963 magisk modules. 10% of them are really useful and bring something new while the rest of them is just for 0.1% of users. And what particulary bugs me is when people can't accept that their system moved on so they bring back "how to" from previous versions.

And it was sailfish 2.x

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
No. It did work. But I didn't find any use for that. My jolla died so I can't try it again and tell you exactly why but......
The thing is that sometimes people tend to go over the top for some specific case/uasge pattern. And that's OK. But when you end up with 125487 alternate ways to do something that's already possible in the system anyway then it becomes quite messy. Just like those gazillion patches or 62490 GS extensions or 9872648963 magisk modules. 10% of them are really useful and bring something new while the rest of them is just for 0.1% of users. And what particulary bugs me is when people can't accept that their system moved on so they bring back "how to" from previous versions.

And it was sailfish 2.x
I do agree with the patterns issue.
But I also believe Quickbar does not completely fall into any of these scenarios (at least up to yet). Thanks for your feedback!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
My biigest gripe with sailfish for a long time was the fact that each time screen was locked it went to homescreen. Once they sorted that, apps and multitasking were just one swipe away and I always had most used apps opened anyway I really didn't need anything more.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
My biigest gripe with sailfish for a long time was the fact that each time screen was locked it went to homescreen. Once they sorted that, apps and multitasking were just one swipe away and I always had most used apps opened anyway I really didn't need anything more.
That doesnt beat being able to launch your app from the lock screen tho.

but i don't need that.
ATM I'm on my laptop with Gnome shell and 3 desktops, everything I need in 90% of the time I have opened all the time and then just switch between desktops. The same was on sailfish, swipe left and switch. On AOSP, swipe up to bring nav bar then "multitask" button.
Why bother with opening app from lockscreen when it's faster to keep it opened and then just unlock the screen?

Like I said, I didn't find that useful to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
feedback, quickbar