Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
And Bacon (aka the OnePlus One)!

The zendesk reply I got a couple weeks ago made it sound like they'd never stoop so low.

So yeah and yahoo! Don't know if it will make a big difference for me, but I couldn't even know that before without knowing what's in the store . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
It works yes, there is supposed to be an official announcement on TJC later this week.

AFAIU there should be more information about device models and UIDs and whatnot.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
you can download the app on your jolla and copy over the rpm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
you can download the app on your jolla and copy over the rpm
That has of course always been the case, but there are numerous people who only have a ported SFOS device; This is a remarkable improvement for those people.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That has of course always been the case, but there are numerous people who only have a ported SFOS device; This is a remarkable improvement for those people.
It's definitely good news, but... I think it says a lot that the most interesting/useful apps are not permitted in the store and can only be found on openrepos! I can see why this has happened, but it's a shame Jolla doesn't have the resources to vet a few of these apps and add permit them in the store. A lot of the usefulness of having a pocket linux device is negated by having such restrictions.

Allowing apps to start a user service would be a nice change, Jolla could write a settings module to control them all from one place, or do some trickery so that running user services have an always visible cover etc to make it more obvious. If they did this, you'd instantly get a bunch more useful apps like Rockpool in the official store, and some other apps like Hangish could run a background service instead of needing to be started manually/always open (really annoying with OOM killer on Jolla 1).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post: