donated - good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to mdengler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
donated - good luck!
Me also. It's enough Maybe for beer on the meeting

The Following User Says Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Nice! Everything helps. Been ordering a lot of parts.

Working on the pcb for the very-very first n900-keyboard non-sliding proto. When that order is out the door I'll make a 3D case for it. When that all works it is time to get very serious

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Really interesting, thanks, made a donation.

The first PCB has been sent to China for production! They will make 10, but it is only for a N900 keyboard and domesheet!

Anyway, I also ordered this one:

Which is a complete piece of ****, but the hinge is very nice and the keyboard is very okay (although the clickyness is very cheap-feeling)!

Ow, to prove it is a piece of ****, spot the difference!

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Well done, i'm very curious about final result for this great job!

@dirkvl: my offer is always valid, just seen some "issues" to set on pcb, or at least little improvements to make look it better

Originally Posted by gordon_pcb_designer View Post
Well done, i'm very curious about final result for this great job!

@dirkvl: my offer is always valid, just seen some "issues" to set on pcb, or at least little improvements to make look it better
haha yes i know, but since this is for just one very alpha proto i didn't bother optimalizing the design

if this works and the software is ready we can perhaps look into designing a pcb for a larger batch!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
haha yes i know, but since this is for just one very alpha proto i didn't bother optimalizing the design

if this works and the software is ready we can perhaps look into designing a pcb for a larger batch!
Great progress!
I would humbly suggest waiting a bit with a larger batch and perhaps build it around another keyboard than the N900. Since the Jolla is larger, a fourth row of keys makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

Depends on what is meant by "larger batch" I suppose, but a larger keyboard is probably better for most people

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post

Good, now you can understand why in my opinion i'm just perfectionist, AKA @@breaker for my collegues
Anyway was just for joke a little, at this point sure you've just to try everything.

Currently working on a 3d model for my n900-keyboard, for the last proof-of-concept build.

On the software side there is a lot of progress, but still a lot to be done. Kimmo, can you perhaps elaborate on this? Maybe there a parts of the software other people can help with!

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty