can someone assist me with a problem that i have with a hitachi visionplate,my linux operating system has crashed and says cannot read data files.im completely computer stupid and ive erased something which screwed it up,now i either would like to know where to go to get the operating system back up and running or maybe have the system wiped and have windows installed.i just use it strictly for wireless net surfing and since i got it from ebay in like new condition with a docking station for 170.00 dollars its worth getting it fixed but im at a loss to know what or where i should take it.any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Just happen to have one at work that we play with. Boot up the visionplate and wait till the second spashscreen comes up that says VisionPlate and then hold the Internet button down till it tells you to stop. It will continue to boot into a safe mode type of environment that will offer to reset your device.

Good Luck

i tried what you said,it did reboot but it still says there is a mismatching in the ienavagation and to contact an administrator or selling agency.im going to try this week to see if a computer speciality shop here that deals with linux systems can get it operating again.

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
It is a linux image. I may be able to post it up somewhere for you to download. Then it would be just a matter of you removing the compact flash card and writing the image.