Notices

Whenever I select Prefs, AW goes south.

It's also squawked that it can't load the English dictionary.

Suggestions?

No suggestions, I just wanted to verify that I have the same symptoms.

Mobile Linux? Got That.
Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2X, Motorola A780

Please visit http://linuxslate.com/ New! Discussion boards just started.

Same symptoms but as a typical (=?) enduser I must regret more that AbiWord/770 is not "like Word". The MS-Word-.doc-capability in the 770 is necessary because it is the de-facto standard being the most common used with the formatted letters and other writings. Therefore it is also impossible to open most attachments in incoming E-Mail with the 770, and outgoing mails must be written with 770/Notes because most probably the ordinary receiver cannot read .abw-files.
This is Nokia's concern because of larger productivity of the 770's E-Mail function which I have actually bought.
Merry X-mas to all.

Well, at least one other person has the same AW experience. Let's hope it can be fixed.

Sent via free 770 @ Bowling Green Park.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well, that and MS revamping the file formats every single stinkin version of Office such that they may as well be proprietary...

MS will hang onto their file formats as long as possible. If they lost that small degree of global control they have, who'd really need their products? Even their upcoming XML should really be called MS-XML.

-- via free 770 @ Bryant Park.

AbiWord/770 can't even .RTF-format which is a sort of second standard, and a general format and which should be strongly preferred againts MS-Word-.doc-format. Personally I do not like the situation at all but MS's dominance in the word processors is a reality. AbiWord/770 has only one format .abw which e.g. I met first time with the 770 though used word processors for ca 20 years.
The point still is that 770's E-Mail cannot play, when attachments are used, with .doc- and .rtf-formats which is a clear limitation in real life, and one of Nokia's responsibilities.

Hmmmm.... Docs To Go for 770?