Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pugboy View Post
It says I need libcurl3 (>=7.15.5-1) and libsdl-net1.2! Where do I get these files?
Ah more deps i forgot.

I can't test this on 770 unfortunately so there's no new version coming soon.

whenever you're missing somethin for a game from my site, check

http://pupnik.de/deps/deps.html

If anybody wants to do a hildonized login menu let me know

Otherwise use xkbd, bluetooth kbd or synergy to type. Nokia should have given us a standard X virtual keyboard, not something requiring software modification.

wow this is such an old forum i just wanted to let everyone know it runs very well on my n810 i have only had one crash.

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Ah more deps i forgot.

I can't test this on 770 unfortunately so there's no new version coming soon.

whenever you're missing somethin for a game from my site, check

http://pupnik.de/deps/deps.html

If anybody wants to do a hildonized login menu let me know

Otherwise use xkbd, bluetooth kbd or synergy to type. Nokia should have given us a standard X virtual keyboard, not something requiring software modification.
Any chance you might package up the latest version? They no longer allow this version to connect to the game servers... Oh, and a hildonized login menu would be great (I use command line switches in the .desktop file now, but a menu would be a lot easier...)

-John

Installed The Mana World version 0.0.24.1 (current version, as of this writing) under a Debian chroot and it is running relatively well (~10fps - with the music off). Using it with xvkbd and Enlightenment to handle the keyboard.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Minnesota, USA
Does this game work on the n810? If so does the n810's built in keyboard work for typing or how can we run windowed to get xkbd to work. Just wondering if it's possible as id like to get this game on my n810!

Originally Posted by Tstani420 View Post
Does this game work on the n810? If so does the n810's built in keyboard work for typing or how can we run windowed to get xkbd to work. Just wondering if it's possible as id like to get this game on my n810!
I have an n800, so I cannot state absolutely, but I cannot think of a reason the n810's keyboard would not work with the game. I don't believe there is a current build of it for OS2008 (the builds for Maemo appear to be older versions of the client that won't log in) but the Debian build works quite well with the Debian chroot method, which also allows for a different Window Manager and movable, floating keyboard.

Once I figure out what I am doing a bit better with the porting/compiling to Maemo, I'll try to recompile it for OS2008.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Minnesota, USA
That would be awesome. I'm a complete newb with Debian so a os2008 port would rock!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Orange County, CA, USA
Any progress?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
tmw is no more available on repos AFAIK. There're debian port, will it run on n900? Any updates for the "writing" issue?