Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Both of you need to stop
Regarding first post you may want to add points that are TBD or pending validation as well
Everything in the first post are true and validated already.
I didn't add anything that aren't announced and no speculations

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Perfect!
That gif should indeed replace the first bulliet. Equal value. It might even be designed by some who worked at Nokia at some point in time.

Luckly it’s just a fanboy list and not official facts. What will show up on this list next?

HtheB. I didn’t say you made this up. It’s simply irrelevant to the current list you just created since all the other once related to the device itself an can be verified and bring value to the potential customers..

Example of things like the first bullet:
  • Chen is involved.
  • Same guy that did moto mod
  • It’s a real project
  • It will be built by some guys who build devices. (Mobile devices)
  • It will ship with an OS
  • Landscape mode is currently a hack
  • It’s planned for Q1
  • It’s still on plan for Q1
  • It won’t be indeegogo sales
Stuff like these

Stuff like these are true. But are they relevant for the list of device specs? Probably not. First bullet goes with these kind of facts.

But it’s your list. You may do as u please. Just trying to help to make it more specific and useful for anyone new to the device

A workaround could be to add a second list with this fishy stuffy.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-02-16 at 17:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
WHAT? Yet another Android **** device running qualcom closed crap SoC. What did happen to Maemo and open source philosophy?

edit: Misreaded actually the charger is Qulcom ship they don't tell what SoC...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
WHAT? Yet another Android **** device running qualcom closed crap SoC. What did happen to Maemo and open source philosophy?

edit: Misreaded actually the charger is Qulcom ship they don't tell what SoC...
It's going to be open as possible.
There are no better high end options out there...
Maemo Leste and Sailfish OS should be possible to run on it as well. You should follow the newsletters

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
qualcomm also. What else is there that is actually worth having? You of all people know how it is going with librem phone.
And regarding android, we've been there multiple times. Livemorium does not have billions, they need to go with something mainstream.
So common display size and form, common SoC, common camera sensor.......... Mass production components to achieve lower price. They need something that has a chance to succeed. Just form factor as such is already pretty radical these days. Android is not important for us, unlockable bootloader and their will to support other systems is. After all, aren't most of devices that people ported sailfish in early days and maemo leste also qualcomm based?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
It's called grasping at straws!

Not every manufacturer has the incentives to make a good n900 replacement, so when something comes up that MAY have potential we hope and lust over it.

Show me another project that has the possible specs that this project will including keyboard fully open source and I will be the first to jump on it. However all we have right now it this first attempt at a keyboard phone with close drivers, the Librem 5, and that dev phone Necuno that cost over 1000k.

Even a fully open project see you (and others) getting frustrated by it, "After a few month with librem kit I actually have lost interests a bit."

My point is we are all (most likely) frustration and not happy about the android bits, but if it was cheap or non risky many other would have done it by now. However the choice for open phones are small, the choices for open phones with keyboard are even smaller.

With projects like fx, gemini, librem5, pyra phone, even sailfish. They need these in between version to work before they can get enough capital to potentially make one for a tiny niche market segment. Look how long sailfish has been struggling.

I'm just saying I'm waiting till it come out to see if it fits my open and freedom needs vs a device that tics most of the n900 boxes ... that we've seen since the n950.

I really hope the librem5 is successful, since it may mean more open choice in the future. And they will share everything they've learned eventually

Somehow that turn out longer that I expected .

Cheer! I hope they get the dev kit stuff worked out soon. I appreciate that your around developing app for these platforms. Your time and dedication is what keep these device useful.

x

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
kinggo, I don't think maemo leste has any close bits. Probably one of the reason it only just approaching alpha release. But great points.

x

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
true. Leste runs on TI SoC on droid 4.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
My crystal ball is shining, I expect the next newsletter tomorrow!

But no, I have no information whatsoever, it's just a guess/bet. Eagerly looking forward to reading the next few newsletters anyway, it's getting closer and closer.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit