Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Quim just posted this response to the maemo developers mailing list concerning the evolution data server package problem:

Hi, I just talked to Naba, currently offline. This issue is known and
confirmed now. It is caused by a last minute change. We can't fix it
tonight but we hope to fix it tomorrow morning asap.

As you see this is really software under development, fresh meat
released publicly to be shared with other developers. Please be cautious
when recommending this update to end users because this is not even a
beta release as Nokia understands beta releases (of end user products).

Thanks for your understanding. Sorry for this bug, but at least you got
the news today. More news to come soon (and if you happen to be in
GUADEC come and meet the developers).

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-07-16 at 20:16.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Other changes I have noticed... much bigger emoticons in the emoticon selection window making them much easier to pick with your finger or thumb. Added user names/status messages/display pictures on the left side of the screen in chat windows.

I'm loving this almost as much as I am loving the recent firmware upgrade.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Bah, I beat you to it by over an hour: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=7758 - but then my post's languishing all on its lonesome.

"download failed"

Hope the beta repository it's in is sorted out tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ah.sima View Post
evolution-data-server 1.4.2.1.r554-3 dependancy error. can not install.
I can't even find that package in the pool, unless it's this one (naming issue?):

evolution-data-server-dev_1.4.2.1-20070628_armel.deb

Of course, one could always compile the source.

rtcomm seems will conflict with open-hand's applications (contacts, dates, task) that uses evolution-data-server version 1.4.2.1.r554-3.

when rtcomm is installed, open-hand's applications will can not be installed and display eds application missing. when open-hand's applications are installed, rtcomm will not be installable.

will wait the bug fixed release.

Last edited by ah.sima; 2007-07-16 at 23:23.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I was loading appss for this and now Skype doesn't run -- its Splash screen comes up and then it closes. I'm trying to figure out what to uninstall, or whetther I need to reflash, wwhich I am loathe to do.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
I want to figure out why I seem to have a different n800 than everyone else. I installed the app, followed instructions, rebooted registered my sip account and started testing calls, zero problems. Right now I have skype running with an iradio stream and the presence works perfectly. I think I am going to buy another n800 to use as as a home wifi phone now!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
It works for me!

(At some point the different 'contacts' have to be fixed/merged and allow synchronization but this is a different conversation.)

The after-effect is that the device get quite hot (but not dangerously) probably from the wi-fi module.

Bravo to the guys that made it..

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Just announced on maemo-developers... http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ly/010899.html

http://rtcomm.garage.maemo.org/

Looks like the start of some VERY nice stuff coming to 2007OS..

If only I could install it... argh.
This development makes me *very* happy. It is exact how I was hoping the connectivity would work for SIP.

To those having problems ... this is pre-beta software that will destabilize your tablet and which means that removing it without completely destabilizing your tablet further will likely involve reflashing your device with the recent stable firmware. Lets not make Nokia regret giving the public exposure to early development by forcing them to field bogus support requests. Fill out an informative maemo bugzilla report instead.