Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Strongly recommeded. I had 3 of those, 2 use in car, one use on my desktop to hold the tablet. So, when I type on the tablet, it will not slide back. the tablet sliding back upon typing is very very annoying, dont you think so? I would like to hear what other people do to prevent tablet sliding, other than using your other hand to hold it.

bun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Hey Bun, can you give us a link to the specific item you mentioned? Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkopper For This Useful Post:
Thanks rkopper helping out. What a lousy poster I am, didnt even put up a link. Me bad.

Oh, btw, the price will jack back up to $13 in a few days.

bun

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Silicon skins are quite rubbery and help prevent the tablet from sliding, but not like that thing. I'm not much of a devotee of looking at my N800 as I drive, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Thanks to bun and rkopper I just ordered one.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I would like to hear what other people do to prevent tablet sliding, other than using your other hand to hold it.
Mine just backs up to my left-hand speaker when it's on my desk. There's a company that makes little rubber mousepad sized pads to put electronics on to keep them from sliding around, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Mine just backs up to my left-hand speaker when it's on my desk. There's a company that makes little rubber mousepad sized pads to put electronics on to keep them from sliding around, though.

Back up against a speak or anything does not work good enough. The backup sometime is NOT heavy enough to keep the tablet from moving. I thought about mousepad pads, but wonder would that be in the way of the stand when it is fold up. You have experience in which one works fine but is small enough for the kick stand to get back to neutral position?
Are you talking about small rubber footpad that attached to the kick stand or just regular mouse pad?
TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-08-19 at 17:10.

Neither; a regular mousepad wants to grip on the bottom, but slide on the top; these are like mousepad inasmuch as you throw them on the desk, and sit things on them, but they're designed for high-friction on both sides.

When I actually use mine (N800) on the desk, BTW, I lay it flat with the kickstand closed; don't have any trouble with it wandering off. The kickstand is more for functioning as a stereo and what-not.

I prefer the tablet stands up most of the time, if possible. I like it stands up when I am watching TV/movie. I lay it flat only when I write on them, as they keep sliding away. It is personal preference, I really rarely sit them down, I always like them stand up about 50 some degree. yup, just like watching TV, am I weird?

bun