Active Topics

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I'm sure you don't have any say on this or at least they give you a discount. Easy to justify any illegal download though.
We have the same in Poland. There is no discount because of this feature. In my case it's impossible to turn off, it's blocked on router.
But not everybody can use your bandwidth. Only people who has agreement with the same ISP.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
We have the same in Poland. There is no discount because of this feature. In my case it's impossible to turn off, it's blocked on router.
But not everybody can use your bandwidth. Only people who has agreement with the same ISP.
Can't switch it off? Challenge accepted :P

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
You can use your own device. You will have better hw with full root access(in Orange/Neostrada boxes you have only limited acccess to configuration of it). And in case of terminating of contract prematurely, you have to pay so called "full price"(no discounted[at least two times than street unlocked version]]) for very shifty device.
Most of them is not easy hackable and requires soldering something on M/B.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I begin to like the stock browser. Aurajoki made it really good actually. Just small fixes here and there, but it makes a great difference.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Yes, like a working select & copy

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Each day that Messages cover annoys me just a little bit more. The white bars, the capitalised names, only showing one single message when in a conversation view, no distinguishing between your own messages and your contact's (I think this was already the case before but it's so much more visible now)... I'd appreciate if the person behind this redesign and everyone who gave a thumbs up to let it pass would leave a comment here so we can all point and laugh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Looks like it depends on the provider. If I remember correctly, on SFR and Bouygues in France, you can access others only if you enable it on your box.
So you accept that someone can borrow you a bit of bandwidth (it is low priority compared to normal local network), in exchange of someone lending you some bandwidth when you're on the move.

Not used it in a while, so could be wrong on some details though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Each day that Messages cover annoys me just a little bit more.
Covers in general are a pain.
They are too small to provide enough text, yet Jolla tried to fit messages in it...

At the same time it is redondant with the events view, where text fits correctly.
The only thing that would make sense is some high level info, like number of unread messages, anything else will be too big to be displayed correctly.

It applies for both messages and mails, and a bit for notes too.
The mail cover is strange too : if you leave the app while reading a mail, the title of the mail is shown in the cover, and the refresh button is hidden. So at this point you have about no useful information shown in the cover (number of messages and last update was more useful than the mail title...), and you can't even use the cover action, you need to get in the app, go back to its start, then can use action again.

When the OOM is trigged, and the mail app is killed, its cover is still shown, but with outdated information (like refreshed 2 minutes ago, when there are 2 hours it didn't), and not an overlay strong enough to see it crashed.

At this point, I don't understand the usefulness of active covers. Symbian's like widgets size were adapted to the contents, so were useful (like 3 buttons if needed for media player, or all the screen width to show some text). On the other side, Harmattan's app cover list was great to switch applications.
Here we have a bit of both, but not working great. Covers have small action buttons that we must avoid when switching apps, and are too small to provide as much info or actions as widgets...

Overall, I find Sailfish 2.0 less usable than the venerable Sailfish 1.0. There are a lot of improvements, where things were missing previously, but experience-wise I don't understand these last moves (app drawer replacing event view, cover buttons in place of cover swipes, cover contents, keeping covers when app is killed, ...)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, like a working select & copy
What, really? No sarcasm there?
If so then it is good news indeed.

Could you please tar your /usr/share/sailfish-browser/ and post it somewhere? I'd like to see if I can patch that to Taalojärvi...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What, really? No sarcasm there?
If so then it is good news indeed.
juiceme, did you not see the smiley?
I am pretty sure it is still not there!

Besides a working text selection ( and cursors )?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, jolla, sailfishos, sfo update, sfos2, update