Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Good to hear the installation went well.
I presume you installed pcs2emu 0.7 or at least 0.6r1.

For now, I assume the cache folder is created in the same folder the zipped games are stored. Apparently that is not the case with you.

Options:
- Move your current nvram/cache/state/hi folders to your gamefolder (perhaps they are now in /opt/cps2emu/config/ ?)
- Recreate the cache in your games folder (cd <gamesfolder>;cps2romcnv ./<yourgame.zip>
- If you want your cache in another location, it should be able to define that location. I could implement that option in Cps2-gui

Sorry for beeing so noob but didn't find any of the nvram/cache/state/hi folder not in my game folder nor in opt/cps2/config/ can I create them any way?

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
Sorry for beeing so noob but didn't find any of the nvram/cache/state/hi folder not in my game folder nor in opt/cps2/config/ can I create them any way?
You have used cps2emu before?

You can recreate it like it mentioned. Only thing is you will lose your hiscore

In x-terminal
Code:
cd <to_your_gamesfolder>
cps2romcnv ./<yourgame_name.zip>
for example
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/cps2games/
cps2romcnv ./progear.zip
[don't forget the ./ before the zipfile name]

Folders and content are made automatically. After that the game should be able to be started from Cps2-gui.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Just encountered something strange (bug?) with the sound option in the emulator itself. When I start a game with the option sound off (--no-sound). The sound is indeed turned off.

When I start the game again with sound on (--sound), the sound stays off. It looks like the info is stored in the related state file (state/<gamename>.sv10). After removing the state file, sound is restored to default.

It is not related to Cps2-gui, but keep this behavior in mind when choosing to turn sound off. I will see if I can find more info on this.

Edit : cps2-gui can now be found in the extra-devel repo (cpse2emu 0.7 is not)

Last edited by ade; 2012-02-20 at 22:25.

your instructions worked just fine, now I'm having problems remaping the keys couse saving the conf didn't work for me

Originally Posted by guilledoc View Post
your instructions worked just fine, now I'm having problems remaping the keys couse saving the conf didn't work for me
Are you using cps2emu 0.7 (see first post)? The default 0.6r1 from the repository does not support remapping of keys.

And remember the keyconfig part has its own save button on top...

Last edited by ade; 2012-02-20 at 23:47.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Are you using cps2emu 0.7 (see first post)? The default 0.6r1 from the repository does not support remapping of keys.

And remember the keyconfig part has its own save button on top...
using the you put in the first post...
but ofcourse didn't so that save button sorry for beeing so annoying

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Installing cps2gui from the repos does not trigger dependency on cps2emu.
I think it would be safe if you upload new cps2emu package with version 0.7.0 to upgrade from previous version and include the dependency in cps2gui.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Installing cps2gui from the repos does not trigger dependency on cps2emu.
I think it would be safe if you upload new cps2emu package with version 0.7.0 to upgrade from previous version and include the dependency in cps2gui.
I only defined cps2emu as recommended for cps2-gui in the deb, not required. Maybe it is better to make it required (even if it is a version without keyconfig support).

cps2emu 0.7 gives two challenges:
- cps2emu is already in the repository, but not owned by me (I do not think I can overwrite it with a new version just like that?)
- cps2emu 0.7 does not contain the grapical interface. So if people should get an update and not install cps2-gui, they would lose their current gui.

A solution for that would be to place cps2emu 0.7 in the repo using alternative name and make cps2-gui depend on that.

P.s. does someone have the source of maemo cps2emu including the keyconfig option?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
You can overwrite it in Extras devel without needing to be maintainer, you only need that to promote the package to Testing. Then ask for maintenance to original developer and if that doesn't work, post a message in the Ask The Council thread so Nemein could grant you permission.

Though, it would be easier just to upload it as cps2emu-ng and forget about the old application.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Can it have player2 option like gngeo??.. Thanks☺