Notices

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
Hi Buddies

I had followed the instructions and install the WIFI driver and fAircrack v0.3,

And I found a WEP network, when I tried to crack it,

the Beacons keeps rising, but the Data is always zero.

Is this because of no clients linked to this WEP network ?

I tried "Authenticate", but it just keep sending Authentication Request every 2 seconds.

My question is that , if there is no client using this WEP network,
do I have a chance to crack it ?

Thanks.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
Anyone can help on this ? Thanks.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
The guides for the N900 sort of gloss over the process a little bit. They are not wrong, but knowing more than which buttons to press and in what order is perhaps required knowledge. It is significantly easier if the network has clients on it, but having clients are not always required.

If I might suggest you have a read through this particular page, you'll be in a better position to access an AP using WEP without clients.

You'll need to be familiar with working in an x-term - I don't know if the GUI for doing this exposes the right aircrack-ng switches - if it does, cool, if not, the shell is a good place to get things done too.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
if the data is zero, that means no one is using it. you have to either wait for someone to use the wifi connection (besides yourself) or use packet injection (google it because its too much to explain)

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
try this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=aircrack