Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Congrats chilango!

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pwie View Post
You have to wait until someone comes up with an updated whatsup with support for the new whatsapp encryption. There is already work done with yappari, so with a bit of luck also for harmattan. Don't try to register, because it may get you banned from whatsapp!!
Since summer holiday is starting I can finally ditch fu#%&#& Lumia for month or so. Was going to use my N9 and feel again that it actually is possible to enjoy using mobile phone . But as I really need WhatsApp for my sporting activities it seems that I am in trouble. Haven't really followed this thread, but what I gather from quick reading, I cant register on my N9 and thus cant really use WhatsUp.

Is this correct?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
No problem to register as long as you do it with an Android phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
No problem to register as long as you do it with an Android phone.
Ok, good to hear! So, I just begun the registering process, order the code and then stop on android, change sim to N9 and register with the code?

And does chatting work how well with everyone? From other peoples posts I understand that it is not working for some people. And are the groups working? For me they are actually the most important.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
i think its an bad idea, if you use en android phone than you only receive encrypted messages that Whatsup doesnt recieve.
Better you use another registration method like "wart"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Good point. I registered BEFORE whatsupp became encrypted (for everyone apart from the guys over at Whatsapp). That might be the reason it still works for me. Anyway. There is a way to do it, just don't use the app on N9.

Never tried groups, i rarely use whatsapp anyway. I try to avoid it, some ppl i know obviously don't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
hi frnds help me to register on my whatsup when i try to register i show a msg old version any one have an idea for register with other tool and replace register file on my n9 configratin folder

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Brazil
this idea that the android records is unfounded. because my number is already registered by iOS and just put the chip in whatsup. And to open the whatsup he asks for the record -> what we all know that no longer succeeds in N9

The Following User Says Thank You to cabiludo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
i think its an bad idea, if you use en android phone than you only receive encrypted messages that Whatsup doesnt recieve.
Better you use another registration method like "wart"?
Tried WART and http://www.watools.es/pwd.html but they both fail Received either "bad token" or "old version" with WART and with watools I am able to receive the code, but after giving that number at watools it just does nothing. Doesn't say there is a problem or anything, just doesn't do anything and thus I am unable to get the password...

Anyone, any ideas? Just a shame, been using my N9 for few days now, but I really need Whatsapp working

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
whatsup is based on whatsapp for s40 / s60, that are going to function only until december 2016, that means: forget to use whatsapp on your n9 anymore.
It would be better to concentrate on an alternative that may have future on our devices, telegram!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:

Tags
cepi rocks, cepiperez, harmattan, whatsapp, whatsup