Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by gowdy View Post
With the announcement of gizmo5 getting cancelled I tried this out today. It seems to work very well.... as long as I'm signed into gizmo5's SIP server. Is that how it does the call back always? I have Google Chat defined as my Forwarding Phone only but it seems to always use gizmo5. Can you change this with the Advanced option for The One Ring called Forward? What does that box want in it? However, even normally the N900 Google Talk client doesn't seem to get calls from Google Voice.

Is there another way to get your GV to ring your N900?
I'm not sure if people have gotten GTalk outside of GMail to work with GV.

If you notice, your screenname is being automatically set to a callback number. So just set it to the number your want and you'll get that call. I use sipgate but it sounds like it is being overloaded with requests for accounts.

Hi there, I have been using this GV plugin quite comfortably. However, one thing is confusing me. When I get an SMS or any notification via IM (GV), I have the right phone/mobile number as the sender, but I dont get their name tho that number is in the contacts- just the number. Is this issue being addressed or am i missing something?

Thanks, nAni.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
LOG: channel.call
Error while placing call from +1xxxxxxxxx to +1xxxxxxxxxxx:
https://www.google.com/voice/call/connect is not accesible
What is going on exactly?

Originally Posted by getnani View Post
Hi there, I have been using this GV plugin quite comfortably. However, one thing is confusing me. When I get an SMS or any notification via IM (GV), I have the right phone/mobile number as the sender, but I dont get their name tho that number is in the contacts- just the number. Is this issue being addressed or am i missing something?

Thanks, nAni.
So the number you see is in your contact list on the GV site and appears on your GV contact list within the "Contacts" application? That doesn't sound but because I assume a mix of DC and TOR for testing purposes I can't remember if I've seen this behavior or not. It worked at one point. I'll try to get some reproduction cases. So I don't lose track of this, will you file me a bug?

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
What is going on exactly?
Is it doing this every time? Once in a while? On certain connection types? What versions of The One Ring? Thanks for listing that you have an n900 in your signature. Does it do this for some numbers more than others? For some callback numbers more than others?

no no- i have no contacts in my GV. I guess I havent detailed my issue properly.

say i have a contact in my phone +11234567890 has a name XXX YYY.
if i make a call via google voice, the call log shows the actual name and the picture.

But say, I send an sms or receive an SMS from GV, i get the sms as an IM from +1(123)456-7890. So, I never get the name XXX YYY in the conversation head.

In other words, if i search for conversations (ie, including SMS and IM) from XXX YYY, I dont have the GV SMS (which is actually an IM) listed.

However if I search for conversations from +1(123)456-7890, I get only the GV SMS not the others!!

I would assume that these numbers should get a name in GV IM from contacts, if the contacts has the number/name, right?

If it is a bug, I am happy to file it. Just lemeno what is supposed to happen, or is it something already being looked at?!

no no- i have no contacts in my GV. I guess I havent detailed my issue properly.

say i have a contact in my phone +11234567890 has a name XXX YYY.
if i make a call via google voice, the call log shows the actual name and the picture.

But say, I send an sms or receive an SMS from GV, i get the sms as an IM from +1(123)456-7890. So, I never get the name XXX YYY in the conversation head.

In other words, if i search for conversations (ie, including SMS and IM) from XXX YYY, I dont have the GV SMS (which is actually an IM) listed.

However if I search for conversations from +1(123)456-7890, I get only the GV SMS not the others!!

I would assume that these numbers should get a name in GV IM from contacts, if the contacts has the number/name, right?

If it is a bug, I am happy to file it. Just lemeno what is supposed to happen, or is it something already being looked at?!
TOR currently grabs names only from GV servers if enabled and if they are present. It is an interesting idea to try to match them up with system contacts and provide names that way. If you are interested, feel free to file an enhancement request, though this one probably wouldn't be as much of a priority for me to implement.

The problem can also be looked at in reverse, how Maemo 5 deals with contacts on multiple connection managers

okay, where should i file this request, thanks.

okay, where should i file this request, thanks.
The website has a link to existing reports and a link to file a new report.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Is it doing this every time? Once in a while? On certain connection types? What versions of The One Ring? Thanks for listing that you have an n900 in your signature. Does it do this for some numbers more than others? For some callback numbers more than others?
It's not doiing it anymore, can't run more tests now :/

I know people have been confused at the screen name field being used for callback number, haven't liked its length, etc.

One idea I had was what if I accept the callback number's name and display that. For example I have callback numbers "sipgate", "cell", "gizmo", and "skype". Thoughts?

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5