Active Topics

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Bummer.
Poo, pissy, poo, pooo

Good Night.
read it carefully, it's the first bt4 ready smartphone device to hit the market. doesn't mean the first to have it. but it's beside the point. it's how they market it that makes the difference. and by 'it' i mean the phone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Obligatory Engadget link... and screenshot from Apple.com
Who cares.. BT on iPhone sucks! you can't send pictures/files unless other iphone users have the same app. not worth talking about it

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
read it carefully, it's the first bt4 ready smartphone device to hit the market. doesn't mean the first to have it. but it's beside the point. it's how they market it that makes the difference. and by 'it' i mean the phone.
I don't really see what's the fuss about the different bt versions, and how it could be a huge marketing opportunity etc.

To me other features are much more important, and I'd expect this to hold true with the majority of users seeking to buy a new smartphone. I might be mistaken of course, and I'm not saying that it doesn't matter; it's just not that huge of a deal IMHO as these endless bt4 vs. bt2.1 discussions are making it seem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It's more a case of post before read. semantics.
I was actually about to read it in more depth.
Thanks for ensuring I don't have to.

That doco must've been updated recently*, as I'm quite certain I did that search & looked at it once.
Or at least someone else did, & linked to it...

As I hoped-for/suspected all along....
*EDIT*
But to support BT4.0 the chip must be wl1273l, I think lspci reveals wl1273 right?
Could just simply mean the driver there now, will be replaced w/a more suitable one come PR1.1/2.

*doc edit date doesn't seem to have been updated though.
Have asked xsacha to double-check with Nokia Australia management
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...096&p=57#r1125
Not sure if he'll be able to help, but he seemed to have good contacts last time.
Okay def. good night.....

Interesting comparo between GSII browser & N9's, & their image galleries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGFb0Kgx20

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-15 at 19:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
Who cares.. BT on iPhone sucks! you can't send pictures/files unless other iphone users have the same app. not worth talking about it
Can't do it in WP7 either. But being the "first" in anything equates to marketing to folks that know too little.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
i know your point originally is nokia need the same enthusiasm with their userbase as apple do. would you really want those people on this forum though?
I can add those folks to the ignore list easily.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What are you trolling about today guys?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Oh man,,,, when did you ask? After I preordered some dude called me and he said they should have it at the end of the month.
Can't remember, it was about a week or two ago. The price was stil 699 though for the 64GB

But end of November for one of the largest greek stores?
And the only one to have it on for preorder as far as I know. Also the only (major) one whose salespeople do have a clue. In operators stores I got either "I know nothing", that you-dont-know-what-you-are-talking-about look or "you must mean N8"

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
= bigger community

= more longevity of said device
The N95 reportedly sold 10million units in the first year (enormous number back then)

But there was never any community support, scarcely new features backported from later symbian releases (by the community, nokia continued support long enough) and no custom roms ever released. Compare this with the N900. CSSU, Nitdroid, MeeGo CE, Kubuntu mobile, debian, shr, backtrack and the list goes on... The community supprort is tied not to the total number of sales, but to the actual number of developers that buy it, (if it's a geek device the proportion of devs - power users that have something to contribute is way bigger so actual sales can be less). Anyway I wouldn't want to have the only N900 in the world, but I wouldn't be more content if everybody had one either.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Perhaps the 100,000 number is real..........letting everyone interested in a phantom phone for very few to pave way for the main show: NOKIA windows phone

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????