Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
Nokia-N900:~# cd /home/user/MyDocs/debs/
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs/debs# dpkg -i Defense_Gear_1.1.0-0_armel.deb
Selecting previously deselected package defense_gear.
(Reading database ... 35540 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking defense_gear (from Defense_Gear_1.1.0-0_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of defense_gear:
defense_gear depends on libgles1; however:
Package libgles1 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing defense_gear (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for catorise ...
################################################## ###########################Errors were encountered while processing:
defense_gear
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs/debs# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
defense_gear
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 110 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 8395kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs/debs#dpkg --help-me-please
connacting to TMO........Done.
connected.
reading related thread.Done
no post found for your problem.
try posting in this thread.
########################################
#######
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs/debs#

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Please try to install from the extras-devel instead , using apt-get from the commandline, or use an application manager (HAM/fapman)

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ jodhpur
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Please try to install from the extras-devel instead , using apt-get from the commandline, or use an application manager (HAM/fapman)

1. app manager problem -missing package - opengles-sgx-img
2. apt-get problem -
Nokia-N900:~# apt-get install defense_gear
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package defense_gear is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package defense_gear has no installation candidate

Could you try:

apt-get install defense-gear

(with minus sign, not the underscore)

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Could you try:

apt-get install defense-gear

(with minus sign, not the underscore)
Btw, is the "defence-gear" the name of the package that will be supported and updated in the future? I still haven't installed version from the repos because I wasn't sure which one is the "final" one

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Btw, is the "defence-gear" the name of the package that will be supported and updated in the future? I still haven't installed version from the repos because I wasn't sure which one is the "final" one
No, it's not, if we are going to try divert if from non-free (conflict/replace option) like we talked about in the mail.
But I still didn't find time/urgency to look at it further. In this case, I was wondering if "defence-gear" would not have issues installing for rpjitendra.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
@vetsin, either you lack OGG support, or the game can't write into its directory. If permissions are the problem (and they shouldn't be if you installed the DEB), you'll need to chown the game directory, so it can write into it. Sound requires some temporary files written there. Also, your setting probably aren't being saved this way. Or, more probably, you lack OGG decoder, so install ogg-support with sudo apt-get install ogg-support libvorbisidec1
Hi TheBurek
I think I found something that can help in the audio problem that I had:
talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81792
Package libsdl-mixer1.2 is part of the base system (officially from Nokia). It's version number is 1.2.6-5+0m5. This package has fault: it can't play ogg/mp3 -files, which makes it very unusable for gaming.
I don't know how to check and I'm not sure if using the newer package won't break anything on my N900.
Just thought this might help in fixing bugs. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-24 at 01:42.

Uploaded defense-gear_1.1.0-6 to fremantle-extras-devel-non-free.

Updated dependency on libsdl-mixer1.2 to >= 2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3-2, so the version with ogg support should be installed (see previous post from Vetsin).

There are still two versions:
Defense_Gear, version 1.1.0-1
defense-gear, version 1.1.0-6

The first one has a wrong naming convention. If you install defense-gear (1.1.0-6) -please do-, Defense_Gear (1.1.0-1) will be removed/replaced.

defense-gear will be name used for possible updates (if TheBurek creates them, that is).

To be clear: both versions are the same (gamewise), defense-gear, version 1.1.0-6 has the proper package name, and more accurate dependencies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
It's really nice game, but why, ah why, no Open Source? If Relic Entertainment could have released =http://www.homeworldsdl.orgsource code of something like Homeworld (allowing us to get it on N900, thanks to awesome work by gdizzz), certainly you could do it, too, TheBurek. Since now, we would have game extended to beyon your wildest imaginations, including enemies that can attack towers, damage and repair system, experience points for friends and foes, etc.

But, if not source, where are that map creation tools, you've promised to release a while ago? It would be great to make new ones.

As said, it's great game, but too short and too easy (I seemed to intuitively do self-inmplied gameplay style to make it harder, like non getting into towers, or not moving their angle after initial setup, not buying/upgrading during waves...). It would be sad, if this wuld get "abandoned" due to lack of source to enchance, or at least editor to make fully custom levels.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-22 at 11:18.

Answer is simple: maemo -> no return on any investment, hobby project at best. Android -> be it ad supported version, or paid app = some return. While map editing is not possible, it should be community that came up with GUI editor for the waves (as easy as vi/joe/mc->f4/ed/leafpad....... script) to make it harder. We should be grateful for a maemo release, not a whiny bunch: but you promised!!! We can't use our own tools where we can.

EDIT: sorry Estel if it sounded harsh or aggressive, but really, making the game harder is just a matter of editing a few files, so no need to restrict yourself, or nagging the dev, just go into /opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/levels and go wild

Last edited by szopin; 2013-03-21 at 23:20.