Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
they have E7 and C6-01 to be released for Xmas period

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
for all we know harmattan still might be released
That may be the case, at least some things are still getting marked "FIXED in Harmattan" in bugs.maemo.org.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
Yeah, why release during holiday sales season and unfairly take sales away from your competition.
yeah, why not. they could do the same mistake once a year in order to be ready before holiday sales end....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So let's see if I see this right... the good is that the time will be taken to polish the release even further.

The bad... it's a delay. The implicit... the pending release was not polished enough for quite a few markets (perhaps).

Dunno... with PR1.3 released, I knew something "bad" was gonna happen. Release bugfixes, say something bad... typical Nokia modus operandi.

But I see this is a good thing. Windows Phone 7 is perhaps going to be the most marketed, upcoming option. Web OS 2 will probably be under-marketed again, Android 3.0 will be going through the growing pains in December... let's see if this gamble works out for Nokia.

Polished releases definitely are far and few between as of late. This is a welcome change of pace.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
e: what I mean is that if 2 guys dig a hole in 2 hours and 3 in 2,5 hours, how much does it take if 4000 guys are digging at the same time?
Let's just say that over the past few years, Nokia have dug themselves a pretty big hole.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And you are a developer yourself or what?
It doesn't take a developer to realise that Nokia's Symbian/S60 development team(s) have hardly made any progress in making a pretty UI. Eg programs on my E71 have stupid names like
  • Connection mgr.
  • Actv. keys
It looks sloppy and amateurish and probably carried over from the days when displays could only display 10 characters/line or something. Could they not have spared a few minutes of developer time to tidy up those names?

Last edited by kureyon; 2010-10-27 at 08:43.

Tags
douchebaggery, from kureyon