Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I would agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that so many people have demonstrated that they know very little about the iphone's capabilities thus creating straw men to beat down. The iphone has always had TV out and can view full web pages (not mobile) with browsers from the app store. It can run other OS's with open iboot and has had mouse and keyboard support before the n900.

And for rdesktop: [PICTURE]
this is why i praise iphone owners.
the iphone is a great device for many tasks - with jailbreak. actually a geeky friend showed off some really nice advanced apps on his 3GS. also the simplier apps can be really fun to use - a little app like "Akinator" can provide tons of entertainment on the iphone.
still the 3gs and previous iphones have lowres screen which performs sufficiently for many tasks but not all.

there are many reasons why i choose the n900 before the iphone though. many of these are on the hardware side (high res resistive screen (even though iphone4 have a really nice screen too), ir, fmtransmitter, good camera...etc), and many on the softwareside too (like multi codec support, mass storage device like a usb memory, rar/zip support, easy debian, open office, flash, no need to jailbreak, less virus risk, free apps that i find sufficient, less need for tweaking everything to work correctly, good multitasking...other more computer like behaviours missing in the iphone...etc)

the single thing that i get most impressed with by the iphone is the smooth "arcade-like" performance of the GUI.
if/when the N900 gets that, there will be no doubts at all why i chose the n900.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Command line, Unique, Full customisable, great GSM radio performance, Fast, Challenging, Write your own apps, Absence of bare metal antenna on outside of phone, absence of facetime, absence of Steve Jobs keynote speeches every 10 days telling me how wonderous he and his products are.

And its just so much fun really getting super deep into the OS and playing with settings