Active Topics

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
lol. carrying multiple battery chargers? buying cheap knock off batteries? who made the comment about it fitting in their pocket? what do you have a size 15 waist 20 length? :-D geez tinyhands, you guys are ridiculous. this battery is a godsend, and 80$ is barely a drop in the bucket to get meaningful heavy use out of your 650$ smartphone++. I have preordered. All jokes aside I hope those of you who cant stand the size are rewarded with a smaller cheaper battery that extends the stock life though.

Swapping battery has the disadvantage of losing all state. All your open browser windows, etc.. and then you miss all the irc conversation and backlog while you fumble wtih batteries..

Big battery has the advantage of lasting longer nonstop.

Batterypacks have the advantage of being hotswappable, disadvantage with the cables, makes me especially nervous considering the now almost notoriously weak usb port...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by shinkamui View Post
who made the comment about it fitting in their pocket? what do you have a size 15 waist 20 length? :-D
the advantage of a backup charger or battery is that you don't have to keep it in your pocket.
I have a 2200mAh charger in my bag, and a backup BL-5J in my wallet (takes almost no space).

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by choubbi View Post
the advantage of a backup charger or battery is that you don't have to keep it in your pocket.
I have a 2200mAh charger in my bag, and a backup BL-5J in my wallet (takes almost no space).
and backup charger doesn't need to restart the phone and lose what you're working on, and can charge other gadgets with different cables

Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
and backup charger doesn't need to restart the phone and lose what you're working on, and can charge other gadgets with different cables
And if you get something like this, which basically is a Minty Boost you don't have to build yourself, can randomly decide how much batteries you want to carry around. You could even buy random AA batteries to get an extra charge.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Swapping battery has the disadvantage of losing all state. All your open browser windows, etc..
No wonder you need extra big batteries if your leaving loads of browsers open.

i use one desktop dedicated to web shortcuts of pages im following. when i switch off, i just hit the "add shortcut to desktop" and easily reload when i like.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
they expect us to pay 88USD for something we dont know the quality of and how it will be made?????? WTF

i mean, id love something like this, but detailed photos please!

and it'd wanna be top quality

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-02-10 at 09:57.

When will Nokia release a bigger battery for the n900 people ??

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by TH3ORY View Post
When will Nokia release a bigger battery for the n900 people ??
Never. When have Nokia ever released a higher-capacity battery for a device?

And pending significant advances in battery technology, there's no way to actually make a higher-capacity battery within the size constraints.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Never. When have Nokia ever released a higher-capacity battery for a device?

And pending significant advances in battery technology, there's no way to actually make a higher-capacity battery within the size constraints.
Im sure for the N96 when it was first released its battery wasn't that good.. But after a while they gave it a much stronger battery i cant remember the specs but i thought Nokia did that for all handsets ??