Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Hey guys just passing the info from Amazon along. I emailed them today and I got this response that raising up my hope

"Hello,

From your e-mail, I understand that you are concerned regarding the delivery of the "Nokia N900 Unlocked Phone" in the order #104-9641563-9672226.

I've checked the current availability of the item on our website and found that it is listed as "This item has not yet been released". We rely on our suppliers for release date information.

However, we received information from our sources that the stock of this item is on the way to our fulfillment centers and it we'll be shipped soon.

I'll not be able to give you the exact delivery date of this item, however, I can assure you that you'll see your order soon and it will be delivered before Christmas.

As soon as we receive the stock of the item, we'll be able to ship it to you. We'll also send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. As per our standard policy, we do not charge you for items until they enter the shipping process, so you will not be charged for this item until it is available and we have shipped it to you."
When did you order?

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orange County, CA
I just got the N900 "shipping soon" notification. I pre-ordered from Amazon on Oct. 3. Had them adjust the price down once to $529.99 and I'm using one-day shipping via Amazon Prime. Also, I had the "delivery after Dec 25th" message up until it changed today. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I got a good mic.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
When did you order?
23rd November

Keep on posting those dates!! (people who's status changed) so I'll know when my order is getting close to be shipped!

(Ordered Oct. 17)

Mine just changed to shipping soon. I ordered on Sept 29th and had the price lowered twice. I think we can safely assume that isn't a factor on line position anymore.

I hope it ships out Monday. I really want it to arrive before I go away on Friday.

I ordered oct 9 and mine has changed to shipping soon as well. My friend ordered on the same day and his order also changed to shipping soon. It would seem they are shipping in a first come first served manner

Just gotta make sure the price get changed. Anybody know if Amazon's call center is open at 8am?

Originally Posted by cocayden View Post
I ordered oct 9 and mine has changed to shipping soon as well. My friend ordered on the same day and his order also changed to shipping soon. It would seem they are shipping in a first come first served manner

Just gotta make sure the price get changed. Anybody know if Amazon's call center is open at 8am?
You can email them. They changed my order within minutes. But I don't know if you can still change the price now after the shipping status has changed.

The Following User Says Thank You to harbourlight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
I ordered on 9/21 and i still have no shipping info

rep from Amazon just told me that I shouldn't look to receive my phone until anytime after or around 01/01/10. i pre-ordered 11/06. i think i'm done with amazon.

Originally Posted by vmoney02 View Post
rep from Amazon just told me that I shouldn't look to receive my phone until anytime after or around 01/01/10. i pre-ordered 11/06. i think i'm done with amazon.
Another rep told someone here who ordered much later to expect delivery around 12/10.

Take everything those reps tell you with more than a grain of salt.

My experience was that it's usually much better to ask for the cell phone department, and then insist that they check with their supervisors before accepting their answer.

It looks like they are starting to move pretty fast with the latest reported "prepare for shipping" notifications at October 10.

By the way, I ordered on 11/06 as well.

Tags
psychotics unite, this thread is h a w t