Active Topics

Hello!!!
for the last 6 months i did an intensive use of my IT, thanks to this site i had a lot of fun.
Just a bit sad because when i finally found a decent chess program (eboard/xboard + crafty) i saw the port was not being maintained anymore. there is only a port to OS2007. now i am trying to figure out how to re-compile it, but i am dolorously fresh to that thing.
anyone can help?

thanks maemo community!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to livredopodervil For This Useful Post:
hi guys,

i bought myself a n810 about two weeks ago.

It's much better than the N97, which really sucks.

I've got some problems with the maemo itself, cos I'm a windows/symbian fan.

Well, it's like a new world...

I finally got the dualboot-thing working with console-tools.

Can somebody give me links to easy guides (for linux noobs) for installing kismet and aircrack on N810, please?

I've got some problems getting the libs installed.
I've read about it, that it have to be installed using xterm, but dunno exactly how cos i cannot access any files in "MyDocs" from xterm.

Please, can somebody help me with a good tutorial or howto?

Thank you

Regards from germany

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thor2001 For This Useful Post:
hi guys. I'm a new member and I'm very new to the maemo community. I hope to create some apps/widgets for the n900. My first project is a virtual keyboard that is more reminiscent of a standard keyboard layout.

I stopped coding in linux a loooog time ago so it may take me a sec to get into the swing of things again. Last night I set up my vmware server and Ubuntu virtual machine. I got the sdk and necessary tools installed so I'm on my way. I've been coding in Visual Studio creating mfc apps exclusively for the past 5 years but hopefully I can make the transition back to linux somewhat gracefully .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
Originally Posted by thor2001 View Post

Can somebody give me links to easy guides (for linux noobs) for installing kismet and aircrack on N810, please?
Welcome to the NokiaTablet world!...

Regarding your inquiry, I believe there are reasons why there is few or no documentation for aircrack directed to newbies...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Hey community!
Totally new to this... but hoping to get in the swing of things soon!
Glad to see a community like this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to am1984 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Singapore
Umm.. Hello everyone! I apologise for not posting to say hello here first before. I remembered there was a "New Members Post", but i forgotten where it was. Now i've found it, so Hello again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raf26 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by am1984 View Post
Hey community!
Totally new to this... but hoping to get in the swing of things soon!
Glad to see a community like this.
Welcome! AM1984

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Welcome!
We really need to get you a bright blue vest to wear while you hang out in this thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm embarrassed to admit I had overlooked this section until Gadsby posted... but I went through and thanked everyone who introduced themselves and everyone who welcomed them. This is a great "portal" to the community!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
G'day Maemo's, I'm Mark and it's good to b here! I've had my N800 for about 18 months or so and have been using this site as a guest since. Now with the whole thing going mainstream and all the excitement, I've climbed aboard. I've been a Nokia fan since the 232...anybody remember? 232, 5800, 7650, 7650, N90, N80, N95 classic, N800, almost N97!, but now, soon.....N900!! I'm also an Apple fan but didn't wanted to join the Jesus Phone Club knowing the multitasking limitations on that platform. I can't code and have never used the terminal...
I'm loving Maemo none-the-less and hopin these new machines rock my world. I think igotta agree that S60 with it's millions of lines of code is now a bit tardy! Time to move on...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Markosib For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org