Originally Posted by vinc17 View Post
I don't have libc6-dbg installed. Since apt-get seems to be fine (I've just looked at the output with option -s actually), this is a problem specific to the Application manager. I've reported bug OS2008 Feature upgrade not installable (Application manager says libc6 is missing).
I had the same problem. I used PackageView to find anything with libc6, and noticed i have libc6-dev installed.

I solved the problem by doing an: apt-get install libc6 , and it updated both the libc6 and libc6-dev, and then I was able to upgrade using Application Manager.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
very nice - the softkey browser bug: "backspace = close keyb." is fixed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by grog View Post
Well when I got home my N800 was ready & eager to update & all went smooth. My N810 still does not 'see' the update
My N810 doesn't see it either. I've been trying to refresh the updates many times since seeing this thread. Is this "normal" or is there something blocking the update? Any ideas?

I'm a dual booter and this is the first time I haven't needed to reflash my tablet. YAY

Battery life increased considerably. Full charge gives me now 10-11 days on stand by. used to get max 9 before. maybe the monitoring is now more accurate. never really timed it. anyone else noticed this? its pretty weird.

Originally Posted by stelchio View Post
Battery life increased considerably. Full charge gives me now 10-11 days on stand by. used to get max 9 before. maybe the monitoring is now more accurate. never really timed it. anyone else noticed this? its pretty weird.
AFAIK, kernel was updated. It might come with updated power management, which leads to better power saving

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by STANUL View Post
I noticed something strange.
Before this update whenever I was creating a Backup, the resulting file was 59-60 MB
After this update the Backup file is only 8, yes EIGHT MB.
Just did a backup to check this and it is the same size as before the update. Must be something specific to your system

The upgrade went smoothly, but I have two side effects:

a) Boingo fires up and logs on every time I connect to any AP.
b) (may be coincidental) I haven't been able to get a GPS fix even once since the upgrade. Rebooting doesn't help, agps-ui says the cached data is valid. Maemo mapper currently (30' after startup) shows 9 bars with strength values in the 27-34 range (which do change, ie the gps driver isn't stuck) but no fix.

Originally Posted by stelchio View Post
It may just be that the estimate is now more optimistic - even if someone volunteers to go without a tablet for a while in order to test it we won't know the result for 11 days ;-)

FWIW I always got a 10 day idle estimate on a full charge with previous diablo versions.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
I had the same problem. I used PackageView to find anything with libc6, and noticed i have libc6-dev installed.
I have libc6-dev installed, but normally this should not be a problem since it can be upgraded too (apt-get can do it).

Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
I solved the problem by doing an: apt-get install libc6 , and it updated both the libc6 and libc6-dev, and then I was able to upgrade using Application Manager.
This may be a bit dangerous not to upgrade everything at the same time. BTW, the old osso-software-version-rx44 version depends on libc6 (= 2.5.0-1osso9). So, upgrading libc6 (and libc6-dev) only should not be possible.