Some of you may like to know that the Finnish web shop Verkkokauppa.com now has a shipping date listed for the N810 as the 19th of December.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
I preordered from amazon.de, they say "28 December 2007 - 14
January 2008"

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Amazon always give dates in the far future when they have no idea when the product will be available. It means nothing.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Amazon always give dates in the far future when they have no idea when the product will be available. It means nothing.
Hope you're right.

www.SuperEtrader.co.uk available now 10 in stock (they say) 10pm 29th 11

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
One of my favorite online dealers here in Switzerland hopes to have them next week. Price is around 480€...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
This looks like a (too) good deal:
http://tbay.mybisi.com/product.aspx?id=6524&c=0

I searched some info about Tbay... They are UK company. In this ad they say to ship only to Canada or US... and payment only with Money order... Smells strongly like a scam to me.

I did contact tbay directly (found contact info from alibaba.com) to inquiry if this is a real deal or if someone is using their company name as a bait... I'll let you know what happens. (If it is real... I buy mine first before telling you... )

I remembered Dan's tip when I went to Tottenham Court Road last night; picked up a Micro Anvika catalogue straight away and found the N810 advert with £299 in big bold letters. Then when I got to the till and they tried to charge me £329 I pointed to the advert, the sales girl had to call her supervisor over but he said straight away "yes I'm afraid we have to honour that". Nice one! (this was in their 53 Tot'm Court Road branch, a good walk up the road on the Western side).

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
This looks like a (too) good deal:
http://tbay.mybisi.com/product.aspx?id=6524&c=0

I searched some info about Tbay... They are UK company. In this ad they say to ship only to Canada or US... and payment only with Money order... Smells strongly like a scam to me.

I did contact tbay directly (found contact info from alibaba.com) to inquiry if this is a real deal or if someone is using their company name as a bait... I'll let you know what happens. (If it is real... I buy mine first before telling you... )
Don't even need to check really, no genuine shop would ever sell a $450 tablet at $170 during the product's launch period.

It has to be a scam, there's no other explanation for such a huge price difference so early in the product's lifespan.

Originally Posted by mallux View Post
I remembered Dan's tip when I went to Tottenham Court Road last night; picked up a Micro Anvika catalogue straight away and found the N810 advert with £299 in big bold letters. Then when I got to the till and they tried to charge me £329 I pointed to the advert, the sales girl had to call her supervisor over but he said straight away "yes I'm afraid we have to honour that". Nice one! (this was in their 53 Tot'm Court Road branch, a good walk up the road on the Western side).

Thanks for the tip! Went to quite a few Micro Anvika stores on the stretch of Tottenham Court Road today before meeting the sales rep (David) at 53 TCR who was very helpful and managed to reserve one at Harrods. As all other stores were out of stock.

So I zoomed to Harrod's MA to collect it but when it was time to pay it rung in at £329.99. Catalogue in hand, I showed them the page advertising it for £299.99. They said as they were under Harrods they weren't able to correct to the catalog price. I left it alone.

Last edited by sutats.com; 2007-12-01 at 17:15.