Active Topics

Originally Posted by maxilogan
i too cannot connect :-( is there any special procedure to do this??

i set up an account with correct password etc, but still getting a "cannot connect to one or more accounts" message :-(
You sure you're not connected with any other client? I tried it while my desktop had the same account logged in, wouldn't log in.

When i disconnected the desktop, tadaa, everything works.

Originally Posted by fpp
Same version of Opera as before ?

if not, any progress with ajax-heavy sites ?
mine shows 8.02 Internal build 1.1.40 but I wasn't smart enough to write down what it said before I flashed the beta.

On another note,

Do you think the final version will support BT keyboards out of the box? The BT plugin is neat, but seems like nokia could just include it.

Managed to connect to another gtalk account i have and a jabber one. so the problem must be that i am connected to the first account with another client [a nice text based on called bitlbee] on another computer.. [usually it has been no problem to be connected with two jabber clients to the same gtalk accont at the same time]. will check and see tomorrow...

wow. this wa written with the new finger keyboard! very nice... i wont need to buy a bt keyboard

Last edited by cybe; 2006-06-09 at 22:41.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Has anyone had trouble getting the 770 to act as a USB mass storage device with the new OS? When I plug it in the computer does not recognize it at all. I am able to get it to recognize it to flash, but not otherwise.

Originally Posted by johsua
Has anyone had trouble getting the 770 to act as a USB mass storage device with the new OS? When I plug it in the computer does not recognize it at all. I am able to get it to recognize it to flash, but not otherwise.
Works just fine here, both under kernel 2.4 and XP SP2.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by NokNok770
Wooohooo!!! they just post it...I think I'm the first to download!!! yippeee!!!!
Great! You'll be the first to discover all the bugs. Thanks from all of us.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
CET timezone is 2h ahead of GMT rather than 1h.

The new Application Catalog is growing quickly:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog2006

This update is absolutely amazing! My favorite things (in no particular order):
- Optional wifi with cover on
- Alarm
- Google Talk calling
- Better PDF reader
- Thumb board (works great for me with a screen protector)

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My first 5 minutes with OS2006. This is a stream of consciousness essentially, if it looks annoying skip to the next msg

Flashing went perfectly, no pause at 10% like I had with the last edition of 2005.
Nice lines on the windows.
Very yellow.
The keys on the virtual keyboard have shading at the bottom which makes them easier to distinguish.
The new error beep (I tried putting a letter in for the time) is soothing. (I've had a long day, leave me alone).
Opera loaded about 3x faster.
Quick connection to my router.
Default Nokia page loaded very fast.
Trying google video.
Alternating between full screen and normal mode is VERY fast
Found a clip on google video's home page of a girl in the shower. I think I'll try that one. Says I need Flash 7 or higher.
Loaded notes, tapped the screen with my finger.
Full screen keyboard came up with a ripping noise.
Works neat, but it's hard to get the letters you want. Great for child hands. Not so great for my man hands. With practice it'd get faster, I was already quicker than the tappity-tap.
Went to get rid of the stuff I don't use on the desktop. Layout mode! Lets you drag applets where you want and close them (hold the stylus down on top to bring up the context menu).
Applets can't overlap.
Trying VOIP.
Password box still displays the letter/number before *ing it out.
Looks like I had to load gtalk before it would populate my chat contact list.
It would be *very* nice to not display offline contacts.
My chat test-buddy just came online, audio prompt.
*REBOOT*
Sweet, automatically connected to my access point when I loaded internet call (or whatever)
Buddy isn't appearing in my contact list. Having him try me.
Maybe I've got to be in gtalk too? Loaded that up as well.
Just had a 7 minute conversation. Bit of echo because he his mic was picking up his speakers but awesome! Tablet worked fine on the table in front of me, with volume turned down it can be held up to the side of your head as I had predicted earlier.
Time is running short as I have to go mix the final songs for our CD but I'll try installing FBreader.
Nice and clean application manager.
Package list refreshed nice and quickly.
fbreader appeared.
Install and download went fine. Looks great!
It let me pick which folder in the app menu I wanted to place it in. Thanks for that functionality Nokia, I appreciate it. (I mean that.)
Works the same as in 2005.
I still have a few minutes so I'll try making a 64MB swap partition.
On a hunch, clicked on memory. New tab called 'virtual'.
Creating looks like a slow process. It's going tho.
Took a few minutes.
Looks a bit faster. I'll have to check later.

That's it for now! Thumbs up all the way so far.