Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
After 1 week (!) of testing, Nokia's QA rejected the 1.1.1 release, because:
- the application "must" include a Privacy Policy, although it actually does not collect any Personal Data!
- "the application does not prompt (active consent) the user for permission to use Location Data and should include an 'OPT-OUT' feature that disables the use of Location Data". In other words, I should add an option for users to disable GPS in my GPS tracking application!

The funny thing: 1.1.1 changes are absolutely not related to the QA complaints. In the meanwhile, after 1 month, they still did not manage to solve the download issue. I am now convinced that Nokia is making a joke...
So Nokia seems to not like developers and also users, thats really sad.
@bwalter i would really like to use your app, is there a possibility to get it directly? I sent you a pm some days ago...

EDIT: @bwalter thx

Last edited by Lucazz990; 2013-04-19 at 08:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
- the application "must" include a Privacy Policy, although it actually does not collect any Personal Data!
- "the application does not prompt (active consent) the user for permission to use Location Data and should include an 'OPT-OUT' feature that disables the use of Location Data". In other words, I should add an option for users to disable GPS in my GPS tracking application!

The funny thing: 1.1.1 changes are absolutely not related to the QA complaints. In the meanwhile, after 1 month, they still did not manage to solve the download issue. I am now convinced that Nokia is making a joke...
Strange and ridicules! How is the MeeRun different compared to applications like Sports Tracker, Endomondo Sports Tracker or My World, for example. A big shame for Nokia I think!

Last edited by KaukoSaarinen; 2013-04-20 at 05:44.

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
So Nokia seems to not like developers and also users, thats really sad.
@bwalter i would really like to use your app, is there a possibility to get it directly? I sent you a pm some days ago...

EDIT: @bwalter thx
I would like to try it as well, I sent a message to Nokia about the download error, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it.

This is a really good app, the gps filter works really well the only thing I really miss is the altitude tracking, but it's in the roadmap

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)

Add a pop-up dialog to inform user about just that (MeeRun will collect no personal information, but needs GPS lock to operate) on the first start of the app and quit button there for those not ok with using GPS (Like Nokia QA). Should be easy to implement.

I'm mainly interested what is their next excuse.

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-04-21 at 05:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Hi, I bought this app yesterday and I get the download error, it's shame, I really want to use it.

I submitted a new version on Friday with an option to disable usage of location data. Let's see

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Version 1.1.2 is in the store but I still can't download it :/

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Version 1.1.2 is in the store but I still can't download it :/
They did it again, that's unbelievable... I sent them another e-mail, like everyday. And they will confirm that they are doing their best and that blablabla.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
They did it again, that's unbelievable... I sent them another e-mail, like everyday. And they will confirm that they are doing their best and that blablabla.
**** Nokia. Can't you handle that users pay directly to you and then you will send the installation file via email?

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post: