Active Topics

For me, I like it being a good outdoor phone as well (beside everything else already having been said). You can use it with gloves on, replace batteries easily, BlessN900 makes for some decent pictures to my standards.

also the cost of a learning curve and cost of a new device keeps me from moving ot somewhere else. I might buy Ubuntu phone in the future, but I will probably still keep N900 around for travelling (unless they make something with resistive display, accesible batteries and hardware keyboard:-)).

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Me too. N900 is my main and only smartphone

The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Six For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ alor star
me too. i used it since 2010. bought it from a friend of mine just for USD30. he said this is a stupid phone..(angry). i.. at that time never use a smartphone before.. of course i agree with him now. this is a stupid phone for people who doesnt now about linux. thank god. because of this stupid phone now i'm learning to use linux for almost 3 years.. i have try many linux distro on my laptop and leave windows just because this stupid phone.. i still remember when i suprised my friend friends by telling him his wifi password. he keep asking me how i do that? i told him to changed his password everyday..lol. thanks cleven my n900 still in good condition but missing the stylus. but i never used it. so its ok for me.. and why n900 still be my only phone just because i just want a stupid phone not a smartphones!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ir.miringila For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Still my main phone as well.

Nothing else i've tried can index 64gb+ of music without dragging to a halt for one, my n900 has taken quite the beating, and suprizingly is still in good shape (thanks to an otterbox/invisible shield screen protector), and the n900 is unique in its features, no other phone can touch it atm.

I'll prob be using my n900 for a couple more years, assuming it holds up (no doubt it will).

I'll retire it when i don't have a choice, or a better linux based phone with roughly the same features comes along, on better/more up to date hardware.

In the meantime, my n900 is and always will be my baby.

Best phone i've ever bought.

The Following User Says Thank You to eleseur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Russian Federation
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Just a quick thought I was interested in is to how many people on this
Forum actually still use n900 today as their main phone?

Since its release I've had and owned around 7 N900s sold one got iPhone sold iPhone back to n900 sold that got n9 sold that back to n900 you can get where I'm going with it.

I missed it so much I always had to go bak to it but when I had it I got more frustrated with little things as of now

I own two n900s ones dead from cssu devel and I have no USB port so it's gone. 2nd one I have is in mint well almost mint condition which I just bought few weeks ago. Started using it as main phone but it just sits on tv now and I'm using my iphone 4 (yes I know) and a galaxy s3 and android is super customisable but I'm honestly sick and tired of android I really am. Plus as I get older the thought of hacking and tweaking devices is just not as fun as it used to be hence why I'm using iPhone.

Anyway so the question was how many of you still to this day 3/4 years later still using the n900 and why?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au_uRmoy8Fs
Grum - Go Back [Le Castle Vania Remix]
we all go back to n900

The Following User Says Thank You to phantomR6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
I currently own 2 N900s ...and I'm thinking of getting 3rd one
And I think i'll use it will I die :]

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I am at a basketball court, suppossed to be shooting some baskets.. yet I'm at the courtside reading your comments from my N900 and smilling. : p

great thread

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Another one! N900 is my only phone (well except for the spare n900 I bought recently )

Odd, because I'm usually an early adopter... but all the quadcore hoopla doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't care about higher specs if they don't bring much additional capability.
Still nothing out there that tops the n900 for me:
-storage, can't beat 32 +up to 64 card
-FM radio and transmitter
-keyboard (n900 is my first phone with one, and I'm converted)
-resistive screen (I can have a 30x30cell spreadsheet on my screen and still reliably select a cell - try that with cap)
-awesome multitasking
-easy debian
-open-ish os not packed with spyware and great community

The Following User Says Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
Me!I'm using this n900 as main for developing/programming....I'm still a beginner tough.
I'm thinking about getting a n9 for the meego...but I'm not sure now :S
next: neo900

Android/iOS developer
ready for maemo coding competition 2016!

My usb broke so I "upgraded" to Galaxy Note. After a few months I bought a used n900 and now use it as my primary again. Just love the user experience - sure I miss some android apps but it cant beat the user experience of the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashrufr For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900