Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
update wont be released in sunday

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Sunday would be a good time for all those business people to not be distracted / cut off by the update of their mobile phone during office hours

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
You never know. With the Motorola Razr smartphone, people were like "oh, they're not gonna give us the promised Android update around Christmas 2012 because of the holidays". And guess what: they did roll out the update on December 27th.

Conclusion: companies are full of surprises, so you never know what might happen on days you don't expect something to happen

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
There were utterings on `Review Jolla` (a facebook page) where it was claimed that the 29th may be be launch day for update 9.

https://www.facebook.com/reviewjolla - look for the 2nd comment posted on the 23rd Sept'14.

Regards,
Attached Images

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Yes, well it has to be Monday or Tuesday to meet their "definitely this month" promise.

Rest assured, we are committed to bring this release out during this month.

Thanking you for your patience,

Jolla team

Last edited by strongm; 2014-09-28 at 22:03.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I would take that as confirmation. It would be nice.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Problem is that several security holes and patches (shellshock and others) are now in board for update 9, and it was not taken into consideration when proposing 29 September (as earliest).
Those patches MAY delay the update further if they found additional issues related to them... Let's hope not
Personally I will start to 'worry' only at the end of the week

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
I'll start worrying when the update is pushed to today, because the crowd wants it badly, and it's not ok. Rather a good update then a crappy one. But I trust Jolla they'd rather deliver quality instead of quantity.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I do not see any question in TJC marked with "sep14" tag yet, which had always been the case prior every update. So we definitely will have to wait a bit longer - 2nd week of October seems viable to me.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I do not see any question in TJC marked with "sep14" tag yet, which had always been the case prior every update. So we definitely will have to wait a bit longer - 2nd week of October seems viable to me.
Not really, sort of.
Jul14 was only created after the update and only one post was tagged with it, the update itself.
But yeah every other update had a month tag usually a week or two before the release

Closed Thread

Tags
edging, jollasoap, sailfish update