Active Topics

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
After many tries to update i'll give up until the dbus issue is fixed. I'm on 2.0.0.10 now and encountered two problems.

1. I can't send any sms messages, after sending it gives an error that the message could not be sent and when i retry it stays at sending and the message does not arrive the receiver.

2. The touchscreen is often not responding anymore after taking or making a call so i have to reboot the phone, to get the touchscreen back working again.

That makes the Nexus unusable for me at the moment, does anyone have any suggestions?

Everything else is working fine and the phone feels much better than the Jolla1. A big thank you to the porters!

EDIT: SMS Mesage do work, i tried to send an SMS to someone who is in another country, maybe i disabled something thats preventing me to send to other countries, i'll investigate this.

EDIT2: Ok, found the problem, the contact number was missing the country code. Problem solved, stupid me

Last edited by mautz; 2016-08-14 at 09:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qoh View Post
When simply disabling developer mode, most of the apps disappear.

Then the phone can only be force-shut down (pressing power-off for several seconds). Afterwards it won't start again. A re-flash is necessary.

That was on one of the CM12-based builds some 3 weeks ago. You may have already adressed the issue meanwhile or it may still exist (?)
I just wiped and checked with the current zips. The problem still persists.

Using:
  • cm-12.1-20160704-UNOFFICIAL-hammerhead-nocheck.zip
  • sailfishos-hammerhead-release-2.0.1.11-cm121-alpha1.zip
  • sensorsfix3.zip

The Following User Says Thank You to qoh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Any chance, that we see SFDroid on Fairphone 2?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
After many tries to update i'll give up until the dbus issue is fixed.
After a few days since my many upgrade attempts it suddenly came to my mind, that i had the adaptation0 repo disabled while doing the upgrade. SO all the dhammerhead droid packages got removed during the update and made the device unbootable.

So, the last attempt was fine and I'm on 2.0.2.48 now.

EDIT:

Does anyone have a solution for the lipstick crash when calling or receiving a call? Nearly every time i get called or call someone, the touchscreen isn't working anymore and top shows a high cpu utilization of lipstick. After restarting lipstick everything is back to normal. This can get very annoying if you have to restart your phone nearly everytime you use the phone function and you can't ssh into it afterwards.

Last edited by mautz; 2016-08-25 at 13:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2016 @ United States
I've been attempting a fresh install via multirom to test sfdroid, but I'm having issues getting it to boot even without sfdroid. I'll edit in the multirom logs as soon as I can get them.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhxRises For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThePhxRises View Post
I've been attempting a fresh install via multirom to test sfdroid, but I'm having issues getting it to boot even without sfdroid. I'll edit in the multirom logs as soon as I can get them.
Did you use the files from the first post?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Small observation,
the Jolla Store access for our nexus5 seems to have been fixed recently!
Works since i tried this morning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Does anyone have a solution for the lipstick crash when calling or receiving a call? Nearly every time i get called or call someone, the touchscreen isn't working anymore and top shows a high cpu utilization of lipstick.
This sounds a lot like the rockpoold bug!
You don't have by any chance a pebble connected, do you?

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
This sounds a lot like the rockpoold bug!
You don't have by any chance a pebble connected, do you?
No, i don't own a pebble. The freeze does not occur on every call. I didn't had a freeze in the last two days, but sometimes this happens after every call. Can get quite annoying if you need to reboot the phone every few minutes. But maybe i found a workaround i can live with. I'll test it on the next freeze.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Small observation,
the Jolla Store access for our nexus5 seems to have been fixed recently!
Works since i tried this morning.
Odd, since I have been able to use Jolla Store since I installed my Nexus5 two weeks ago...?

/// edit ///

Well granted, it is fairly limited set since the store only contains 16 applications when I login with nexus5...
However I am able to install any apps I have ever installed to sbj1 from the store, I just need to do that via pkcon/zypper

Last edited by juiceme; 2016-08-27 at 15:52. Reason: additional info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid