Active Topics

@Chen, does the phone support video out via usb-c?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My problem is that I don't want another Android phone. I already have one with top specs and I paid for the librem phone. However if I can be convinced that I can boot up something like Debian from the get go I might get it as a pocket computer which I could use. Not interested in chroot (or proot) as I can already do this on current phone. I am also torn cause I would like to support this work...
You can sell your current phones and then buy this device. May be your only chance to support endeavors like this one so I would advise you to buy as long as you are able to

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
@Chen, does the phone support video out via usb-c?
Yes it does. However it only has video output, audio goes through 3.5mm head jack.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
@chen does it come with widevine drm L1?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Got it!
Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2
That phone is fairly new and has similar dimensions to the pro1 including weight. Should be able to walk into any Verizon store to try it out
Height is about 3mm shorter, width and thickness are just a hair off the pro1. Weight is heavier than the pro1 at 245g, but it should give you a nice idea of heft
Will check k it out when I get a chance

I'd like to add a disclaimer that do not compare this device to the pro1. Purely on dimensions alone you can get an idea of how this feels in your hands. There's many things that can change device handling characteristics or make it seem bigger/smaller than it would actually suggest including finish, edges, button placement, and port access. But if you have never had a phone this heavy or big it will give a super rough estimate of what it feels like

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Kyocera has also printing capability, sooooo what else we can expect? Laser-pointing? "copy your diary easy"... huoh...

F(x) is different product... i think...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Yes it does. However it only has video output, audio goes through 3.5mm head jack.
So is it usb 2.0 with slimport or full value usb 3.x?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sasha19323 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Kyocera has also printing capability, sooooo what else we can expect? Laser-pointing? "copy your diary easy"... huoh...

F(x) is different product... i think...
Actually, there are much more striking similarities!
Kyocera did a dualscreen phone in 2013 and ultimately failed in making apps landscape compatible on their own

I know one or two folding- and a qwertyphone company hitting the same problem 6 years later...

And since Kyocera has 6 major branches: solar, document, display, components, cutting tools and Kitchenware (which i happen to be a contractor of) they have major parts of their phones built inhouse.

The other way around, a manager told me every smartphone on the market contains ceramic components only kyocera supplies. So you can be sure Kyocera parts are contained in the F(x) Pro1

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
You can sell your current phones and then buy this device. May be your only chance to support endeavors like this one so I would advise you to buy as long as you are able to
Ok, ok. Order #7559

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
My problem is that I don't want another Android phone. I already have one with top specs and I paid for the librem phone. However if I can be convinced that I can boot up something like Debian from the get go I might get it as a pocket computer which I could use. Not interested in chroot (or proot) as I can already do this on current phone. I am also torn cause I would like to support this work...
That's not straight impossible, but will on depend on mainlining progress for being truly useful. As fallback/temporary measure, it is possible to port Halium-based setup we have on Gemini PDA (you can even make calls with UBPorts dialer ), but it suffers a lot from non-common hardware stack and older kernel (latter should be non-issue on Fx, at least 4.x compared to 3.18).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit