Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Not right now but soon.

Because of things like that, and things like want to add participants in a group and stuff like that were the reason that I had to implement some contact persistence and that's what I'm working on right now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I'll post a more detailed ToDo list (with the order I'm doing things) than the one we already have.
Great

No need to modify your contacts anymore with a plus (+) sign, you can read the status of all your contacts, you can see the pictures of them (the same you have in your address book so far), and it's SAFE it's not a violation of your privacy.
Yes, it is a privacy violation. Whastapp violates my privacy getting AND saving all my contacts numbers. If Yappari send all my contacts too, sadly, I won't use it (or won't update it). I need something to to tell Yappari I just want to send to Whatsapp Inc. data of contacts I know they are Whatsapp users. If only contacts with the international prefix are synchronized I could somehow control it, if not, I'm f*cked.

Happily someday will be a Wazzap N900 version and it will respect privacy better than Whatsapp. They will add an option to sync only the selected contacts: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1343

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
If you friends have whatsapp, they already have your number uploaded in their database. Nothing you can do about that
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I asked Whatsapp Inc. to remove my number from they databases and they supossely did it.

I registered whatsapp with an alias number from fonyou.com. Not all my 1161 contacts (some repeated or with just email/facebook-chat/gtalk/msn address) uses whatsapp. I just added the ones wich I know they uses it.

Yappari doesn't upload any of your private information to Whatsapp servers. It just queries "what is the status of number +x?" and the server says "status is y" or "user not registered". You can even do it manually using curl or wget. That's not a violation of your privacy, Whatsapp can't save the numbers there's not way to relate them.

And like I told you before each one of your 1161 contacts is the contact of somebody else that use Whatsapp, which is querying those numbers anyway.

Also and as a final note, if you are really making a stand that Whatsapp Inc is violating your privacy then why are you using it? That's double moral standard what you're trying to do (cheating, registering with a fake number, etc). You should try to convince other users not to use it, instead of trying to cheat Whatsapp. Don't you think?

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-11 at 01:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bhopal (India)
Hey Scorpius.
Thanks a lot for the app
I successfully installed it but when i tried to register it always saying failed but i recieved sms from yappari about the authentication code.
Still the registraytion status is failed.

&
for log, i tried to locate file with 'filebox' but there is no such directory
/home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log
The Scorpius folder is not present in
/home/user/.config/

Reply Soon

The .config folder is a hidden folder so you need some kind of Unix/Linux experience to get into it.

One way is to go to settings in FileBox and check "Show hidden files and folders"

Another way to get it is to open a terminal and type exactly this:

cp .config/scorpius/yappari.log MyDocs

And then a copy of yappari.log will be under MyDocs.

Also check you're running the latest version (0.0.16) because some previous versions had the log somewhere else.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-07-11 at 01:25.

Thanks For Your Reply.
Installed ver. is 0.0.16 Build 1729

here is the xterm response
cp: cannot stat 'cp .config/scorpius/yappari.log' No such file or directory

Then try this. Open terminal, type:

mkdir -p .config/scorpius

Then try to register with Yappari again and tell me if you see the log this time.

You can also check "Show hidden files and folders" in Filebox so you can browse into .config and other hidden folders.

Then try this. Open terminal, type:

mkdir -p .config/scorpius

Then try to register with Yappari again and tell me if you see the log this time.
Yes, this thing worked.
Here's the log file

http://uppit.com/txsxozicbjqu/yappari.log

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp