Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
is there a working link for the N900.pie?

The one in post #220 does not work anymore and the standard version of GlovePie does not come with the N900.pie

posting the content of that file would do it, too obviously.

edit: got it, check post #615

edit2: Damn it, things are not working
it look's like that I am failing already at flashing the BT-Adress on the Sixaxis-Controller (DS3).

I follow the instructions, running GlovePie, pressing PS-button while the controller is plugged in via USB.
Then, after closing the program and disconnecting the USB-cable from the controller, my PS3 turns on and the controller just connects normally, so I guess flashing the BT-adress didn't work.

OS is Vista32, and these USB-drivers (libusb-...-0.1.10.1) were installed correctly.

edit3: ok, changing BT-adress via Linux worked, incredibly easy by the way!

Last edited by J0ph33; 2011-06-26 at 16:11.

i reflashed my N900 and reinstalled my Apps, i installed the Sixaixs tools it connects but "accept playstation controller" i dont know why i looked at forums but dont understand what the problem is i have same apps as before i reflashed.

this is how i paired it:
h-e-n activate host mode
connect the joypad with n900 with usb
open xterm and type "sixpair"
it changes the joypad bluetooth mac address
i disconnect usb
activate bluetooth and press PS button
LED flashes but dont stop and N900 says accept playstation controller, even if i press yes it dont make a difference

any help would be helpful

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
i reflashed my N900 and reinstalled my Apps, i installed the Sixaixs tools it connects but "accept playstation controller" i dont know why i looked at forums but dont understand what the problem is i have same apps as before i reflashed.

this is how i paired it:
h-e-n activate host mode
connect the joypad with n900 with usb
open xterm and type "sixpair"
it changes the joypad bluetooth mac address
i disconnect usb
activate bluetooth and press PS button
LED flashes but dont stop and N900 says accept playstation controller, even if i press yes it dont make a difference

any help would be helpful
on xterm:
leafpad /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
then change the line:
"DisablePlugins= network,hal"
to:
"DisablePlugins= network,hal,input"
save,
restart.

Now should work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
i can use the controller and use mouse with left stick but i there is no left/right click, is there a way activating this.

i once activated in Ubuntu when i had no OS to run on my laptop, cant remember what i did but is there a way for the N900

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Why are you using hostmode to pair your ps3 controller with your N900?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
I resinstalled the SixSxis apps, uninstalled BT HID scripts, rebooted, then everything worked. I had BT headphones playing music, BT mouse/keyboard, and PS3 controller all connected at the same time.
what is ur address? im gonna send u my n900 with 2 ps3 controllers, i think thats the only way to make this thing work

Last edited by anim1; 2011-07-02 at 03:34. Reason: typo

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
i can use the controller and use mouse with left stick but i there is no left/right click, is there a way activating this.

i once activated in Ubuntu when i had no OS to run on my laptop, cant remember what i did but is there a way for the N900
While you are editing the *.fdi file, you can change any button that you like to be, instead of key=XX to be button=Y where Y=1(left), 2(middle) or 3(right).

JUST BE SURE to make backups of the *.fdi file before ANY change. That file is sensible, and for whatever reason it may stop functioning. Even if everything is alright. Don't ask me why.

More info about that here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=517534
and here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Sixaxis

Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
Why are you using hostmode to pair your ps3 controller with your N900?
I do that. It's easier/faster than having to find the next computer with Ubuntu+Sixpair or Windows+MotionJoy enabled. After all, n900 IS a computer |:P

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-07-02 at 20:55.

y dont someone just do a video, i mean how freakin hard can it be to do a video demonstration? this **** wouldnt be an issue for anyone if i knew how to pair the two, because i would be on youtube in front of the pc doing it step by step. WTF!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
No, you'd be back here complaining that you still don't get it.

look here my funny little friend, i am obviously not the only one "complaining" or having problems following thes half *** instructions on how to pair the 2. all im saying is i would be generous and mindful enough to do a simple video if i was to accomplish pairing the phone and the controller. NOW, if ur not going to help, dont leave stupid little remarks,just go straight to HELL with 2 sausages in ur mouth!