Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What libconbtui0-hid does is to enable connecting "HID" devices from stock BT UI.
And this is the problem.

Although PS3 controller is a HID device, its support was removed from Bluez hidd so you can't use it.
It is handled in RAW mode by separate daemon sixad. But if you enable HID device handling by Bluez - it intercepts the packets and handles them internally and they don't reach sixad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
anyone was able to map the left stick to the left/right/up/down directions?

it will be much better to use the stick instead of the buttons...

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
And this is the problem.

Although PS3 controller is a HID device, its support was removed from Bluez hidd so you can't use it.
It is handled in RAW mode by separate daemon sixad. But if you enable HID device handling by Bluez - it intercepts the packets and handles them internally and they don't reach sixad.
Thanks, do you know a way of blacklisting devices in bluez (udev/hal rule or something), otherwise the only solution would be modified input plugin which ignores sixaxis vid/pid. Problem is that I do not have such device so even if I make modified input plugin there is no way I could test it. And I am wondering how several people reported that they have sixaxis and mouse and keyboard working simultaneously.

BTW input plugin (for those who have installed libconbtui0-hid) could be easily disabled with executing (as root)

/opt/usr/bin/btinputplugin disable

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
What is the effective range of a sixaxis linked to the N900? Need it for my couch!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Easily enough to sit on your couch with your N900 up next to the TV. I have done it several times, for several hours at a time. No problems.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
after all this time of trying to pair the two, i give up. since there's no other way other than glovepie or ubuntu, i quit!!!

Is it possible to execute a command whenever the sixaxis connects/diconnects?

i want to execute the "togglemouse" command at each event.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Is it possible to execute a command whenever the sixaxis connects/diconnects?

i want to execute the "togglemouse" command at each event.
i tried to use the "dbus-scripts-settings" to add BT command for connect/disconnect, but it seems that the commands are not working (running only the commands from x-term works - but not when assigned to these events).

the sixaxis address is ok.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
for all those with the problem of the repeated question if you want to accept the connection to PLAYSTATION 3 Controller.

I have done it this way (i dont know if certain steps are important or not but thats just how i did it and it worked. No other way did and i was reading every post).

1. apt-get remove sixad
2. apt-get remove sixaxis-support
3. nano /etc/bluetooth/main.conf (if you dont have that nano, i think you can install it via apt-get install nano)
-> it should exactly look like this

the important row is "DisablePlugins" and i dont know if its true, but for me, i think it was important, that "input" was the second value there. Well, after you are done, press CTRL+X and if it asks to overwirte, press y and Enter.

4. apt-get install sixad
5. apt-get install sixaxis-support
6. reboot your device !!!

Thats it. It worked for me exactly that way. It might be important to install that sixad and sixaxis-support via console, because i did the same steps before but with application manager and it had no effect. Well, just follow the steps. Oh, and i removed that one bluetooth-mouse-support package there (dont remember the name, just search for "mouse" in the app manager)

Gahhhh POO!!!

I accidently lost my connection for my sixaxis when plugged it in to my PS3 charge it and forgot that it would re-sync it.

Anyhoo, I am going through the Live-CD method again but for some reason it just will not pair up?

I get to enter ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ sudo ./sixpair C8:my:BT:si:xa:xis

but xterm is giving me this message...

Current Bluetooth master: 00:1a:80:36:66:8f
usage: ./sixpair [<bd_addr of master>]
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$

I can't for the life of me, get it to re-connect? As soon as i plug the controller in to the PC, all of the sixaxis lights keep flashing. What gives?

Really Sorry to have ask for help guys

Edit: ignore this post, I got it now and all is back in business. Thanks anyhoo

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-06-19 at 22:58. Reason: solved it!