Active Topics

im having this weird problem on mail app and mfe : http://forums.internettablettalk.com...8&goto=newpost

I am still hopping for multiple Mfe contact support (or at least multiple gmail contacts support)...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well AFAIK while we you can hope for it, its not coming...I think Sergey did say the current framework doesn't allow it...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well AFAIK while we you can hope for it, its not coming...I think Sergey did say the current framework doesn't allow it...
well, it is not allowed to enable it in the UI...

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
im having this weird problem on mail app and mfe : http://forums.internettablettalk.com...8&goto=newpost
Yeah, I remember this bug. It might be caused by few different reasons. One of the reasons is that accounts DB is locked by some one (have no idea why). Another one is that QMF db is corrupted, so try this solution.

P.S. Remove your account before deletion of the QMF folder.

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Sergey and thedead1440 and anyone else who can help:

Several of us are having an email problem since upgrading to PR 1.3. The problem is discussed in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85271

I bring the issue here on thedead1440's advice. Basically, the number counter of unread emails is not working for Yahoo accounts and other IMAP accounts, though Gmail accounts are still working. Resetting accounts works only briefly, and then the issue returns.

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-06 at 19:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Hacker, can you try deleting /home/user/.qmf and reporting...I read thro' that thread and i think it worked temporarily for some people...Could you test whether it really works only temporarily or it sticks on for a longer period of tme?

In terminal this would be rm -rf /home/user/.qmf

Edit: If possible, remove your account before deleting the .qmf folder...Thanks...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
PHP Code:

Hacker, can you try deleting /home/user/.qmf and reporting...I read thro' that thread and i think it worked temporarily for some people...Could you test whether it really works only temporarily or it sticks on for a longer period of tme?

In terminal this would be rm -rf /home/user/.qmf

Edit: If possible, remove your account before deleting the .qmf folder...Thanks...
Thanks. I deleted the account, ran the command, rebooted, and re-entered the account. So far, so good--the email counter is performing perfectly. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it breaks over the next several days.

EDIT: BAD NEWS. I did a 'killall sysuid' command and the email program is already back to not showing the unread email count (I get a lot of emails, so it doesn't take long for me to test). I'll let you know if it revives, but usually once it breaks, it's usually gone.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Hacker; 2012-08-06 at 19:46.

It resets the database keeping count of all the mails that have arrived...So a neat and clean database should always work...We just don't want it to get stuck and mess up again...Fingers crossed...

Edit: Lumiaman since you are on the thread wouldn't you want to thank the very developers you ridicule for the N9 who has created the ONLY working solution for Hotmail using Exchange...It is till date broken on Android, iOS, WM, WP etc. You need to use a lousy app for it to work partially but nowhere as flawless as what we have here...

See this thread before you think its a joke: http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/...c-59e402abbcfd

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-06 at 19:28.

It resets the database keeping count of all the mails that have arrived...So a neat and clean database should always work...We just don't want it to get stuck and mess up again...Fingers crossed...
I'm not sure if you saw my edit, if you did, please forgive the repitition.

BAD NEWS. I did a 'killall sysuid' command and the email program is already back to not showing the unread email count (I get a lot of emails, so it doesn't take long for me to test). I'll let you know if it revives, but once it breaks, it's usually gone.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950