Further to my earlier post, went ahead with the process, and got it working except for one issue - the battery icon not showing but percentage is shown per the link below.

http://wiki.maemo.org/N9QTweak#3._CO...cted_System_UI

When I applied T-3-1 on N9, no "0"option was listed as in the wiki page. So, I proceeded with selecting individual options per wiki.

On rebooting, everything looked ok, except for battery percentage not showing, but icon showing.

So, I went again, and this time, took a gamble to select "0" per the wiki despite it not being shown on the N9QT option screen. The Unrestricted system UI was then installed, and I got a new link for it under "Settings". I dont recall seeing it before. This link allows for further changes to the status menu from what I can gather.

Can anyone confirm if I have done anything wrong here? I am concerned installing unrestricted system UI later may have been a mistake as I remember seeing something like that happening automatically on my first individual selection for options. May be I double installed? Not sure?

Secondly, I'd really like the battery icon to show. Is there any way to get it?

Finally, do I really need unrestricted system UI? I read in wiki that inception was a prerequisite for it, however, since that time, it has given way to aegis. In that case, is it better to leave it there, or uninstall?

Many thanks.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
The wiki is outdated. Only refer to the pdf in first post. Read over that and see if it answers your questions.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Thank you for that info, and...

Bummer! ... Although, I am glad I cross-referenced both prior to doing anything. Still, not clear to me.

Further to my last post, I came across post that said with Unrestricted system UI, only % is shown, not icon. However, wiki seems to state so only if you choose Option 6. If wiki is outdated, it may be inaccurate in this regard?

My original questions/concerns still remain... any thoughts will be much appreciated.

If I'm clear on your issues...
Applying the tweak more than once is unnecessary, but is not going to cause any problems.
The settings applet is supposed to be there in that version of Coderus' unrestricted-ui.
If you had other results, I'm not sure why, but Coderus' unrestricted-ui has no option for battery icon. MAG's unrestricted-ui, however, gives you the option for just icon or both, icon and percentage.
Hope that answers them all...

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Coderus unrestricted ui has the option to have percentage, go to settings, Unrestricted System UI, then under status area you will find what you want

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greendts For This Useful Post:
I should say that I use an older version of Coderus' unrestricted-ui, so things may have changed once it was integrated into the settings menu.

Thanks imaginaryenemy. That's good to know applying tweak again (in this case, perhaps the unrestricted-ui Option "0" in wiki) should be harmless. May be I just did not see it coming up in "settings" the first time..

And also for confirming it only has % option, not icon and % option. As it was before, perhaps, the wiki is outdated and hence inaccurate in this regard.

Greendts - yes, I found that out, and tweaked a few settings there - such as a green/amber/red line for battery % too... it seems to give a lot of options... just need the time to work through them now...

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I should say that I use an older version of Coderus' unrestricted-ui, so things may have changed once it was integrated into the settings menu.
Ok, what changes are you thinking? Dont you see a menu link for unrestricted-ui on your phone?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Originally Posted by gbrm View Post
Ok, what changes are you thinking? Dont you see a menu link for unrestricted-ui on your phone?
Previous versions were controlled via N9qtweak I think, now it has its own sub menu under settings. But if those that know more want to contribute, please do so

The Following User Says Thank You to Greendts For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Greendts View Post
Previous versions were controlled via N9qtweak I think, now it has its own sub menu under settings. But if those that know more want to contribute, please do so
This is mostly right. I honestly don't know all of the differences because I never used the new version. With the version I use I do not have a menu in the settings. All changes are done through gconfik, terminal, or N9QT.
It is my understanding that except for the menu, no other features were added. I didn't need the menu, so I never updated.

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh