Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Little hint about E-mail app:

If you are configuring some E-mail account at Settings > Accounts, E-mail app must stay closed. Once settings are saved, open E-mail app and check mail (update).

I was setting a Gmail IMAP account and had a mistake in my username. E-mail app cover said something like "sync error" or "sync problem", of course.

I found the mistake and fixed it, but E-mail cover kept warning me about the same issue. I had to close it and run again. After that, everything OK.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I've held off on the launchers thus far due to battery concerns. I'm also not sure how you would go back to the regular launcher once you've enabled a different one.
I have been using GO EX launcher for several weeks now and have not noticed any difference on battery consumption. I always leave the launcher as the last Android side app and then swipe away (not from up so the app keeps running), this way you can be always sure that you receive notifications from any android apps running.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
Did anybody notice "micro dents" on the frame? I am using the phone since Tuesday and there are already a couple of them ...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
Nope, I've had my phone for over 2 weeks now and still looks like its just taken out of the box Havn't used any case or anything.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by premnas View Post
Did anybody notice "micro dents" on the frame? I am using the phone since Tuesday and there are already a couple of them ...
No I don't see that.

Which part of the frame do you mean? The plastic frame surrounding the display, the metal frame or the bottom part where the speaker is located.

I notice the matt will soon wear of the other half and bottom black frame part.
It will become more glossy as to old Nokia tradition.
Also expect all logo's of Jolla to wear off as they are all printed not molded or engraved..

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London / Porto
Does anyone know how to use screen sharing with Jolla. I want to display Jolla screen in the Mac. With the N9 we had Netview application, is there any built in vnc in Jolla? If yes how do we activate the server?

Thanks

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I have just figured out how to move & organize the app icons - you just hold your finger on the one you want to move and then drag it to the desired position, you can also remove it from the list by tapping on the little gray "x" that appears in the "moving" mode

The Following User Says Thank You to xkkkx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I like the Jolla better every day. Yesterday I was surprised with the quality of some close-up photos I took. Nice sharpness/depth, far better than I recall of the Nokias. Even a wine bottle, photographed from less than 10 cm and receiving a full flash, came out great. Colours of people are fine as well.

The design of native apps icons is a bit bland though. Switched on my N9 after a week of Jolla, and I was struck by the crispiness of the icons in home screen.

Then: a question. I've seen this icon on some screenshots. Which app is it?
Attached Images

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
A tip: the File Browser (Jolla Harbour, from Kari) gives you the possibility to install downloaded rpm files. Output of terminal screen gives a nice feedback.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I am having tough time using PuTTY and SSH through USB with my Jolla. I am currently needing this for my Windows 7 machine.

I understand that I should be able to connect via Serial connection type in PuTTY. But my windows doesn't regocnize the phone at all if I select the developer mode.

Any advice and anyone using SSH over USB?