Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I wonder if trolls ever realize that when they "troll" and get their pathetic little superiority feeling from getting other people to react, they are actually giving just as much if not more sense of accomplishment to the people who are logically and rationally rebutting their points.

I know that for topics I actually give enough of a **** about to respond in depth to trolling posts, I get far more satisfaction from the detailed demolition of all the fallacious points trolls make than I could ever imagine someone getting from the act of trolling others.

This works worse in real life because you can see the trolls continue to be wrong in whatever idea they are trolling with - but real life has other, more physical, forms of redress, that one can take up against such individuals.

LOL

You reply in-depth to posts you KNOW are troll posts ?

you DO know why they troll right ?

Roffles in the extreme

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I wonder if trolls ever realize that when they "troll" and get their pathetic little superiority feeling from getting other people to react, they are actually giving just as much if not more sense of accomplishment to the people who are logically and rationally rebutting their points.

I know that for topics I actually give enough of a **** about to respond in depth to trolling posts, I get far more satisfaction from the detailed demolition of all the fallacious points trolls make than I could ever imagine someone getting from the act of trolling others.

This works worse in real life because you can see the trolls continue to be wrong in whatever idea they are trolling with - but real life has other, more physical, forms of redress, that one can take up against such individuals.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Microsoft's **** software combined with Nokia's crap communication and short-sighted hardware decisions = LOOSE!
I agree. The association between MS software and Nokia is loose indeed.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by Dion_ddc View Post
I am very pleased to say that I will finally be released from this Maemo and MeeGo disaster.

I cannot begin to say how happy I am that Nokia is going with WP7. I hope they forget the N900 and learn from their mistakes!

Who else agrees?

i think u should shove a windows phone up ur crack!

maemo is a gift. . it makes the n900 a portalble computer. . like a laptop wit 8 to 14hrs battery life

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Um...you don't have to wait...it's already out there in the wild. If the OS suits you, by all means, be on your merry...

There's a lot that the N900 does that other phones, and phone operating systems, don't do as well or as elegantly, or at all. So, I've gone back to mine - because the N8, the E7 and the C3 Touch & Type failed to meet my needs.

Nor the Thunderbolt with Android.

There may be things WP7 will do that the N900/Maemo can't - and I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

But apart from not being able to set contact-specific ringtones (and I'd only done that for a few contacts on other phones), the N900 is doing all I need - and is capable of much more.

Maps? - My car has its own GPS navigation system, so not needed there. For walking around, the functionality that's there is just about enough.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tahiti
Well. I wish you good luck with your WP7 or WP8 phone.
May you enjoy your paid future viruses, trojans, and BSODs.

whats WP7?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Why are you waiting?

Just go and buy a WP7 phone right now, if you like them. Plenty of options on the market. Is the Nokia logo really gonna make any difference?

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-05-19 at 05:44.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Awww I love you, please kiss my shiny metal backside.

Why would I be jealous of an operating system that is worse than its desktop counter part? Really, get a life, you're almost as bad as the iTrolls with their iGadgets. Mac Book Pro (I own one) I agree with, iPhone I do not.

Thanks for your half wit input, Nokia failed when they let Elop take over. The first thing I said when it happened is that Nokia will sell out to Microscrew and they pretty much almost have. I'll give it another 6 months to a year and I reckon it will be MircoNokiaSoft.
That's so unoriginal and not funny. Not my fault if you fall behind.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Brisbane, Australia.
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post

Seriously, lay off the synonym tool. Try harder next time though.

Tags
bad troll, brainwashed, dork bot, idiot, just say f no, microtroll, popcorn anyone?, steve ballmer, troll yer boat, wait for the w8, wankers