Notices

Originally Posted by caimanjosh View Post
Alright, I might give it a shot. Is the link that was in this thread from a few days ago the most recent version for Diablo users?
Thanks I knew I forgot something.. it's updated now.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/pypianobar/
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-06 at 22:19.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
So I got around to giving PyPianobar a try on my N800. I first tried installing the package posted, using the "Fremantle Extras-devel free armel" file. I tried installing with application manager (error, as expected), then running that "apt-get -f install" command that you mentioned, but no dice - I don't think it did anything. Then I tried installing the PyPianobar file with dpkg -i, then again using that "apt-get -f install" command, and this time it just removed the PyPianobar package instead of installing the dependencies. So I'm still stuck on getting those dependencies installed. Is there another way I can get the libraries for it installed on Diablo?

So I got around to giving PyPianobar a try on my N800. I first tried installing the package posted, using the "Fremantle Extras-devel free armel" file. I tried installing with application manager (error, as expected), then running that "apt-get -f install" command that you mentioned, but no dice - I don't think it did anything. Then I tried installing the PyPianobar file with dpkg -i, then again using that "apt-get -f install" command, and this time it just removed the PyPianobar package instead of installing the dependencies. So I'm still stuck on getting those dependencies installed. Is there another way I can get the libraries for it installed on Diablo?
I need to know what dependency is failing... App Manager should work with pyPIanobar.. I always use dpkg -i myself.

You need to have both pianobar *and* pyPIanobar installed (which includes having the libao0)... other than that - it's all PyQt4 dependencies. Something may be up with the PyQt4 diablo ones... an output from the dpkg -i install would help.

okay, here goes:

Code:
dpkg:   dependency problems prevent configuration of pypianobar:

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-gui; however, Package python2.5-qt4-gui is not installed.

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-webkit; however, Package python2.5-qt4-webkit is not installed.

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-network; however, Package python2.5-qt4-network is not installed.
..and then: "dependency problems - leaving unconfigured"

So I guess the question would be, what's the easiest way to get those packages installed?

okay, here goes:

Code:
dpkg:   dependency problems prevent configuration of pypianobar:

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-gui; however, Package python2.5-qt4-gui is not installed.

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-webkit; however, Package python2.5-qt4-webkit is not installed.

pypianobar depends on python2.5-qt4-network; however, Package python2.5-qt4-network is not installed.
..and then: "dependency problems - leaving unconfigured"

So I guess the question would be, what's the easiest way to get those packages installed?
Do you have Diablo Extras-Devel repository enabled? Python2.5-qt4 is in Extras-Devel.

Ah, good call. I had it disabled. So after enabling it, pypianobar itself showed up in application manager as a program to be updated (apparently it was still on my tablet after all). However, it showed as having 16 dependencies to install, that would take a grand total of 60 mb! Can that be right?

Should i just look through the list and manually install the 3 packages i mentioned earlier instead?

Again, thanks for all the guidance with this.

Ah, good call. I had it disabled. So after enabling it, pypianobar itself showed up in application manager as a program to be updated (apparently it was still on my tablet after all). However, it showed as having 16 dependencies to install, that would take a grand total of 60 mb! Can that be right?

Should i just look through the list and manually install the 3 packages i mentioned earlier instead?

Again, thanks for all the guidance with this.
Well.. 60mb would really surprise me.. but the three packages it depends on also depend on about a half dozen more as well.

I would run a apt-get -f install from the terminal and look at exactly what's going to be installed. 60MB really surprises me...

Okay, here's the output from that:

"The following extra packages will be installed:
libaudio2 libqt4-dbus libqt4-designer libqt4-network
libqt4-phonon libqt4-script libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqtcore4
libqtgui4 python2.5-qt4-common python2.5-qt4-core
python2.5-qt4-gui python2.5-qt4-network python2.5-qt4-webkit
python2.5-sip4
Suggested packages:
nas
Recommended packages:
qt4-qtconfig
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libaudio2 libqt4-dbus libqt4-designer libqt4-network
libqt4-phonon libqt4-script libqt4-webkit libqt4-xml libqtcore4
libqtgui4 python2.5-qt4-common python2.5-qt4-core
python2.5-qt4-gui python2.5-qt4-network python2.5-qt4-webkit
python2.5-sip4
0 upgraded, 16 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 18.6MB of archives.
After unpacking 60.5MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?"

So i guess it really may need 60 mb on Diablo (?). Oh well, the command-line client is good and fulfills my long-standing wish for a Pandora app on the n800.

Hrm.. well - Im sorry you aren't able to use it. I love pyPianobar on my N810 . if it took 60MB that's unfortunate, not much I can do about the pyqt libraries... but my N810 handles it OK. Being able to control pianobar without the keyboard out is quite nice when I'm on the move.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
if it took 60MB that's unfortunate, not much I can do about the pyqt libraries...
PyQt could squeeze in on less (and into less conspicuous places), but sadly Qt takes it's space-toll in any case.