Active Topics

Poll: Who did you vote for Maemo Community Council
Poll Options
Who did you vote for Maemo Community Council

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
I didn't bother to count up all the votes. I did notice that one user submitted their ballot without selecting any candidates. A commentary on the perceived quality of the candidates?
I voted for Ron Paul.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by mullf View Post
I didn't bother to count up all the votes. I did notice that one user submitted their ballot without selecting any candidates. A commentary on the perceived quality of the candidates?
Texrat commented he had selected the candidates then when he went to the next page it showed he was voting for nobody. Perhaps someone else had this problem too but did not catch it. I guess thats why we have voting tokens and anonymous tokens to verify our votes. Man I hope it wan't me?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Texrat commented he had selected the candidates then when he went to the next page it showed he was voting for nobody.
I know of several users who insist on casting an empty ballot to show their dissatisfaction with <insert personal bugaboo here>, so I'd suspect it was intentional.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I know of several users who insist on casting an empty ballot to show their dissatisfaction with <insert personal bugaboo here>, so I'd suspect it was intentional.
That's rather unfortunate, as there are so many good candidates, some who don't even get into politics here and surely deserve votes for that alone (not meaning me).