Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Just curious...

Why?
To shut us up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
That's what I was thinking
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Give http://www.skweezer.com/ a try.
It does the heavy lifting on the server.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Just curious...

Why?
flashblock-webaddon?

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
mYTube plays flash content with MPlayer which is optimized for video media on N8x0. Flash on the other hand is a RIA plugin which has to do a big number of other things and is not very optimized for this platform (at least leaves that impression and its closed so you can't improve it, only Adobe).
More specifically, mYTube actually strips out the .flv file that the Flash application (that is the video player) uses, and passes it to MPlayer.

FLV is only video, and is H.263 data which MPlayer handles easily since it is optimized for the tablet, optimized for video playback, and can run on its own without needing to be embedded in a browser application & a web page with its own memory and performance needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to namtastic For This Useful Post:
Just curious...

Why?
I was just kidding, it still sucks for web browsing. Just the fact that someone mentioned using skweezer reinforces that the N810 is just a smartphone with a big screen (and no phone).

Look at the brightside, at least it has a temperature sensor!

Originally Posted by MenoRikey View Post
I was just kidding, it still sucks for web browsing. Just the fact that someone mentioned using skweezer reinforces that the N810 is just a smartphone with a big screen (and no phone).

Look at the brightside, at least it has a temperature sensor!
maybe your n810 is a lemon. my n800 renders pages at very acceptable speeds and i can scroll while the rest of the page renders. it is indeed as close as it gets to a true mobile internet experience.

Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
maybe your n810 is a lemon. my n800 renders pages at very acceptable speeds and i can scroll while the rest of the page renders. it is indeed as close as it gets to a true mobile internet experience.
I'm calling B.S.

I'd like to see video of "acceptable speeds".

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by MenoRikey View Post
I'm calling B.S.

I'd like to see video of "acceptable speeds".
Well, give an example of some webpages that you think are too slow and what YOUR speeds are to load them. Just say how many seconds to load, I don't need a video. From what I've read of this thread, I'm assuming you are no longer talking YouTube or Flash-enhanced pages (except with Flash blocked). (If you are still whining about Flash-rich pages, then forget my whole post here, because your standards are absurd.) So, would the NY Times home page mean something to you? Google News full main page (not the mobile page thing or the iPhone-adapted one)?

Also, what HAVE you done of what's been suggested here: hosts file (and removing Ad-block)? FlashBlock?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-01-04 at 22:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
One thing i dont understand is why people bother using the youtube website when we have mytube and the youtube plugin of canola and mediabox(if you use that). videos play much better....i just dont see the point of going to the site.