Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Anyway to do this without using a hardware key? Ie, via the browser UI?

2d
As with swiping from the left you get the mouse, if you swipe from the right you automatically go into the browing history and can select what page you want to go back to. it does the same as the history button just using a hand gesture rather than a tab. esp useful when having the browser in full screen mode

Nice one:

In Contacts tap user name for details. Tap photo/avatar to go to Edit mode (instead of using menu).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 2disbetter View Post
Anyway to do this without using a hardware key? Ie, via the browser UI?

2d
You could install shortcutd and use the proximity sensor...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Thanks for sharing. good tread.

Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
Just a idea that came up when i read about turning the phone uppside down to mute a call. New android phones also have that mute feature and in addition they have other similar features:
1. When you pick up your ringing phone from a table the accelometer notices it and lowers the ringing volume.
2. If your mobile starts ringing in a tight place like your bag the proximity sensor notices it and increases the ringing volume.
Would it be possible to add similar features to the N900?
Great idea. I would like this too.

most desktop firefox keyboard short work in microB. e.g Ctrl+F to find text in webpage. oddly the same doesn't work in firefox mobile.

Has anyone added the one about switching between desktops by pressing on one side of the screen and then quickly pressing on the other side of the screen.
You can flick through the 4 desktops really quickly that way.
I like it cos it reduces the amount of scratching potential on the screen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julieshort For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Yep - I take it you didn't read the thread

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
When in the phone app, if you need to dial a contact from the call log, you can click on the last call made to/from the contact and the number dialled shows up on a new panel which pops up from the bottom. On this popup, if you on click the avatar, the contact's complete contact card shows up and you can call another number for the contact.

Useful if the contact has more than one number and is not picking up one number.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
Here's one I find really useful...in the web browser you can use ctrl + right arrow to go to the next field in a form (like hitting TAB on a normal keyboard). ctrl + left arrow acts like shift-TAB, going to the previous form field.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to whaleyboy For This Useful Post: