Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@F2thaK its impossible, not harder mcompositor closed sources. you can make it only via MyMoves.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
How does MyMoves listen to onscreen gestures. It must be possible to create such an overlay

but you cant make window swipe effect.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
but you cant make window swipe effect.
Wasn't mcompositor able to be configured for 4-directional swipes with a .conf file till pr1.2? I wonder why nokia chose to stop allowing the .conf file to be used in pr1.3

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Conf file is still there. It just sets what happens on swipe ending. Just some directions don't work since 1.3 :/

Originally Posted by bibek View Post
Conf file is still there. It just sets what happens on swipe ending. Just some directions don't work since 1.3 :/
Exactly that was my point that it doesn't work as it would before...

nokia dont care about configs used by 3rd party applications as usual. its hacking

I haven't used cyclotron yet, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone noticed a difference in battery life when using it.
Thanks

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
nokia dont care about configs used by 3rd party applications as usual. its hacking
Nope it was pre-PR1.3 deliberately added into Harmattan by the Harmattan team; maybe because new teams did PR1.3 they didn't implement its functionality properly...

Further confirmation:
urho konttori says: August 14, 2011 at 19:35

+1 – And purely because FelipeC rocks so much, we have this configuration now on the device. He was insanely persistent on pushing for this and finally we all conceded. Brilliant! And let’s do a tool soon for everybody to easily change these things.

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-31 at 17:01.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
As mentioned on the Cyclotron website, the sources for libthai and libdatrie (both LGPL'd packages) were not available in the PR1.3 Source DVD, and so blocked installing the updated Qt 4 package in the SDK (because both packages were a run-time dependency. The sources have now been provided by sourcecode.request@nokia.com and are available here:

https://github.com/harmattan/libthai
https://github.com/harmattan/libdatrie

This is only important for people wanting to rebuild patched libmeegotouch and qt-components in the Harmattan Platform SDK without the need for dirty hacks (like ignoring runtime and build-time dependencies while installing/building the patched libraries). It's also important when somebody wants to rebuild PR1.3 Qt from source and install it in the SDK.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: