Active Topics

@amorek13: From some other threads it appears that there's a pulse audio equalizer which runs in the CPU (unlike the actual player application), it's there to protect the speakers from damage from certain frequencies. If you try with a headset instead then the equalizer presumably shouldn't run.

Originally Posted by RDJEHV View Post
in case a device has the wifi bug and you set it to offline mode (airplane mode), is wifi still transmitting?
Hard to say. And as offline mode doesn't recover the device from the Wi-Fi bug, it is possible.

marbles DRAINS the battery as well. so do other games. it is almost sick.

Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Of course usage that is both CPU and GPU intensive, will use the battery very fast. You don't get too long battery life with a laptop playing 3D games either.

Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post

If you want to test out these things yourself, here are some hints to use. On terminal, you can get good information about battery status with command "lshal|grep bat". It will include some unnecessary information as well. To only get current mAh remaining use the following alias:
alias b="lshal|g ng.c"

And then to check battery level I use "uptime;b" to get both current time as well as current mAh remaining. Then keep the terminal on background to see both old values as well as new values. Do note you can scroll the terminal text to see backlog.

this might be a noob question but how do u key in that vertical line between the l and g "lshal|grep bat".

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
this might be a noob question but how do u key in that vertical line between the l and g "lshal|grep bat".
press the blue function key then ctrl, and choose it from there

The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Ooooh ... thanks for making me try the Symobl option ... that'll be useful ...

... | is also available in the virtual keyboard that you can enable in the settings, and is accessed when you're in a text box with the physical keyboard closed ...

my battery life seems to have gotten worse.

Only 11hrs today.

I only have nokia messaging on and the only widgets are the callender and data usage meter. I did not browse either.

I did dl something from extras over Wifi though. I then did the ifconfig command but after inputing it I dont seem to get a response. If i just do ifconfig wlan0 this is i see:

0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 34:7E:39:42:B5:03
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:6959 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:4366 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:9467151 (9.0 MiB) TX bytes:415553 (405.8 KiB)

Does that mean the wifi was still on? Even so why would it drain so fast.

*confused*

mr2600

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
It's using SDL. Which is not as power-saving friendly as other solutions I was told (my mClock is using PyGame which uses SDL which seems to disable some CPU power saving states).

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
If you want to test out these things yourself, here are some hints to use. On terminal, you can get good information about battery status with command "lshal|grep bat". It will include some unnecessary information as well. To only get current mAh remaining use the following alias:
alias b="lshal|g ng.c"
Command not working
-sh: lshal|grep bat: not found

nor

alias b="lshal|g ng.c"

This one didn't return anything.

Run as root?