Notices

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
the problem is hildon-desktop there is a bug with it, seem failed to reload hildon-cacher, try to killall-hildon-desktop
Can't there just be a replacement of the previous Anna battery icon you used in the next update? I really liked the way it was clean looking and went from red, to yellow to green during charging. This new one looks pretty rough.

(Noob alerts) what does kill all hildon desktop actually do?

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
i didn't install any new app/games recently but after updating the Symbian icons and restarting i've noticed more battery drainage, is it related ?

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i didn't install any new app/games recently but after updating the Symbian icons and restarting i've noticed more battery drainage, is it related ?
Is it battery drainage right after rebooting your phone or is it faster battery drain over a period of time (e.g. several hours)?

If it's right after rebooting, I reckon that's normal as I notice it on my N900.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
this icon pack make the device reboot loop..
second times occured

flash kernel nil help
I didnt supposet this icon pack cause reeboot loop anyway .
cause I had tested be4 upload it. but as usual devel warnig.

this Icon pack just place to /opt/usr/share/icons/ it didnt affected to cause reboot.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Can't there just be a replacement of the previous Anna battery icon you used in the next update? I really liked the way it was clean looking and went from red, to yellow to green during charging. This new one looks pretty rough.

(Noob alerts) what does kill all hildon desktop actually do?
killall hildon-desktop resets the desktops (which is the homescreen = default gives you 4 of them)
Malaysian N900 user!!!

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 View Post
killall hildon-desktop resets the desktops (which is the homescreen = default gives you 4 of them)
actually, killall hildon-desktop resets the task manager and the launcher (aka menu, catorise apmefo etc =P), the "desktops/homescreens" and widgets are handled by hildon-home

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
restarting n900 need 10% battery power on standar condition.depending on how much application inside hildon menu. hildon home and auto run. it could reach more than 10% even 15 % percent.

Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
Is it battery drainage right after rebooting your phone or is it faster battery drain over a period of time (e.g. several hours)?

If it's right after rebooting, I reckon that's normal as I notice it on my N900.
restarting n900 need 10% battery power on standar condition.depending on how much application inside hildon menu. hildon home and auto run. it could reach more than 10% even 15 % percent.
I meant in the long run not right after restarting, the overall battery consuming is faster now..maybe its just my case and there is something else eating up the battery and i was asking if the icons are related to something like that ?

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
I meant in the long run not right after restarting, the overall battery consuming is faster now..maybe its just my case and there is something else eating up the battery and i was asking if the icons are related to something like that ?
Maybe check with conky or powertop to see what app eating your battery life in this case, i have symbian icon i'm not get any battery issues

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I didnt supposet this icon pack cause reeboot loop anyway .
cause I had tested be4 upload it. but as usual devel warnig.

this Icon pack just place to /opt/usr/share/icons/ it didnt affected to cause reboot.
I understand also
but also there are also some guy experienced that

Tags
icons, symbian