Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
At least for now the Jolla is among top searches as shown below the search box on snapdeal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
16 grands for jphone! mmmmm naaaah. rich peopl.e will buy new iphonee, middle class will go for android and weaker sections will buy cheap android-one phones and linux freaks like me will buy another nokia n9.
You've forgotten the people who is not, who doesn't like to be labeled in any category. People are different, think different, behave different.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If jolla had named it jPhone some Customer might buy it and thought it was an iPhone made by Apple. Some low hanging fruit for jolla

where is TOMI CEO? Maybe he should show his face at least once a year. Now he has a chance to reach a few more customer. Launch in India. But noo...

On a more serious note. Any Indians buying the jolla today?

I hope the comments here Ali aren't the average opinion in India...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/43248471.cms

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-23 at 21:05.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
how people can call them low quality or 'budget' and simultaneously defend the Jolla from similar criticism is beyond me.
It's caused by cognitive dissonance, and is something that seems to be on the rise in relation the Jolla

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
$270 vs £270 (current amazon price).

i suspect the indian price would translate to £200 after adjustments for VAT.

it's still £66 too steep compared to the compeition (hello Moto G2), but i'd probably still get one for the sailfish factor.

anyone should be able to appreciate that double the price for half the hardware isn't good enough.

give us the indian price jolla.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by hardy_magnus View Post
16 grands for jphone! mmmmm naaaah. rich peopl.e will buy new iphonee, middle class will go for android and weaker sections will buy cheap android-one phones
What the ...? Weaker sections will buy cheap Android phones? I'm pretty sure the sales expectation for that $25 FF OS phone soon to be launched in India is pretty good. So they won't go for Android but for FF OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
$270 vs £270 (current amazon price).

i suspect the indian price would translate to £200 after adjustments for VAT.

it's still £66 too steep compared to the compeition (hello Moto G2), but i'd probably still get one for the sailfish factor.

anyone should be able to appreciate that double the price for half the hardware isn't good enough.

give us the indian price jolla.
It's pretty unfair to compare a heavily subsidised Moto G2 with lots of Google money behind it to a phone of a startup company that's barely making any money (Jolla). If you want Jolla to succeed like me as a true fan, then you should buy one. The more they grow, the cheaper they can make phones in the future.

(and as an ex-Motorola fan I will also add to this: screw you Google, you turned Motorola into a cheap *** company with lame designs, I want the old Motorola (preferably w/o Android) back)

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I thought that Google no longer owns Motorola.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post

How is the 2nd generation Motorola G twice the hardware the Jolla is?

A brief look at the spec looks like it has a slower CPU, half the RAM and no LTE. The 5" screen is also a bit of a turn off for me. The previous gen had a 720p screen but smaller.

That's leaving aside that I'd rather Jolla got my money than Google and all the software and design differences which people seem to be casting aside like they aren't important.

The G looks like a good phone for the money if you want an Android phone. Of you don't though...

Last edited by aegis; 2014-09-24 at 00:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I thought that Google no longer owns Motorola.
I think they're still waiting regulatory approval of the sale to Lenovo. The EU approved it in June but the US hadn't in July.