Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Hello.
This weekend I thought I could make a new icon for OMP that is more in line with the stock mediaplayer.

After a few suggestions I thought that simple as this is the best, feel free to include them in the package.
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
@toxaris
good proposition. Currently used icon is... ugly (no offence).

I`ve noticed font problems with multimedia servers names: OMP doesn`t show polish characters (like "ł", "ś" etc) properly, giving trash symbols instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Love new icons, I hope they'll be added into next OMP update

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by ildar View Post
1. Playlist names affected.
2. Song names affected when a song has cyrillic name and has no id3 tag
3. .mp3 is not displayed, sorry for confusion.
I just can't reproduce it, all the songs are displayed fine on my device. :c I also looked at the code and it appears to be UTF8-safe, so I am quite confused now.

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
if u play a song,tracker id app records it for few seconds and then it automatically identifies the song (provided u have an internet connection.)
Hmmm... it certainly sounds interesting, especially considering that Echoprint seems to be already in the repositories.

Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
Something slightly different: Would it be possible to completely ignore "tracker" and tell OMP where to look for music/video files? Maybe even browse files by their folder structure? (I know that there are players out there that do that, but they have other downfalls)
Tracker can be really annoying (ignoring NoIndexFileTypes) and for some reason it doesn't index my *.ogm files
There are some limitations (multi-CD albums being my "favorite"), but I think that keeping a separate database is straying too far from the path. OGM is a deprecated format, does N900 even play that?

I tried to make OMP nicely cooperate with a file browser ("Open whole folders" and "Append opened songs" in the settings menu) as a substitute for an integrated browser, but I am aware that it's still not as convenient as it could be, so the browser is very likely to come.

Originally Posted by CRCulver View Post
Since I've been using OMP exclusively for months, I've uninstalled the stock media player. However, Zoutube no longer works, so I guess I need to symlink OMP to the name of the stock media player binary. 1) Could someone please tell me the name of the stock binary, and 2) Can OMP handle all the command line arguments of the stock binary?
I think it handles all of them, that is... none. Things like opening files are handled through D-Bus. Speaking of missing functionality in this area, most notable is opening audio streams in the video window. Have you made OMP the default media player (as described in the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Player)? If not, it could be the reason of Zoutube failing.

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Hello.
This weekend I thought I could make a new icon for OMP that is more in line with the stock mediaplayer.

After a few suggestions I thought that simple as this is the best, feel free to include them in the package.
Changing the color of the original icon was the first thing that came to my mind when I decided to provide an icon, but the second was that it's owned by Nokia. That's why I think I'm not free to include it after all. I'll probably upload a few bugfixes tomorrow and modify the old icon a bit, so it looks shinier. If someone considers it ugly, I'm open to suggestions, but make sure it doesn't belong to someone else. And of course it's possible to change the icon on your own, simply replace "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/openmediaplayer.png".

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
I just can't reproduce it, all the songs are displayed fine on my device. :c I also looked at the code and it appears to be UTF8-safe, so I am quite confused now.
That tracks had id3 tags, I am sorry for the confusion... again.
In russian id3 we have serious encoding problems (deprecated 8bit cp1251 and utf8 mixed).

Sorry.

Last edited by ildar; 2012-02-01 at 11:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ildar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Changing the color of the original icon was the first thing that came to my mind when I decided to provide an icon, but the second was that it's owned by Nokia. That's why I think I'm not free to include it after all. I'll probably upload a few bugfixes tomorrow and modify the old icon a bit, so it looks shinier. If someone considers it ugly, I'm open to suggestions, but make sure it doesn't belong to someone else. And of course it's possible to change the icon on your own, simply replace "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/openmediaplayer.png".
You are probably right.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Hmmm... it certainly sounds interesting, especially considering that Echoprint seems to be already in the repositories.
I don't want to sound like negatron, but I don't think it's very useful for tracks, that we have already on device. Maybe, when recording few seconds of track via microphone (that we hear in radio, or so), but it's still a "gadget" only.

Of course, if someone is really willing to code that, and it won't increase memory footprint for casual use - why not.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ildar View Post
That tracks had id3 tags, I am sorry for the confusion... again.
In russian id3 we have serious encoding problems (deprecated 8bit cp1251 and utf8 mixed).
Is it possible that this is not a problem with OMP then? Or should I keep looking for a solution? Does stock media player display everything correctly?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I don't want to sound like negatron, but I don't think it's very useful for tracks, that we have already on device. Maybe, when recording few seconds of track via microphone (that we hear in radio, or so), but it's still a "gadget" only.
Yes, I wouldn't even bother without microphone. If you checked that package out and that is what the included binary does, you're one step ahead of me. I only looked at its description and contents, and seeing that the library is already in Maemo, I thought putting this together might be not that hard.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Of course, if someone is really willing to code that, and it won't increase memory footprint for casual use - why not.
What worries me more than memory consumption is adding more dependencies, especially depending on a package that is only in extras-devel, in case OMP was to be moved to testing or CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Is it possible that this is not a problem with OMP then? Or should I keep looking for a solution? Does stock media player display everything correctly?

Yes, I wouldn't even bother without microphone. If you checked that package out and that is what the included binary does, you're one step ahead of me. I only looked at its description and contents, and seeing that the library is already in Maemo, I thought putting this together might be not that hard.

What worries me more than memory consumption is adding more dependencies, especially depending on a package that is only in extras-devel, in case OMP was to be moved to testing or CSSU.
After all you can add download & install command to the dpkg scripts

Projects no longer actively developed: here

@marmistrz
Sorry, but Your suggestion is totally out of line here. Downloading and installing -devel stuff via post-install script of extras or CSSU program? WTF?...

@gidzzz
Isn't it possible to make OMP "plugable", i.e. make it such a way, that additional package - be it from -devel or whatever - can be installed, providing said functionality (tracks recognition)?

I'm not talking about real plug-in's system, just separating two things.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse