Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Since nokia tells us this is for average Joe. Any words on how they will handle recovery.

n900 unpopular due it landscape desktop

people prefer potrait for one hand use.

n900 never got a chance really, with that update it would have turned very popular.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I have already answered. I said it was a masterpiece IMO. If you fail to see that, then you obviously have a totally different opinion of what a mobile phone masterpiece should be. So there really is no point in exchanging views because your views are so different that they are irrelevant. That's it really.
Simply telling me that it's a masterpiece is like so much pomp and circumstance without substance and elaboration. Ambiguity isn't convincing.

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
It does what I want a phone to do, but does so prettier, nicer, and faster. For many like me, it really doesn't need more than that.

In the future I might have to consider a WP7 instead (which may very likely have incorporated many of the innovations of the N9 by then), but that future is not now. What I know is that the N9 will be a good companion to me for the foreseeable future, and everything after that is unforeseeable by definition.
That's the problem--I, like many who initially came here to use Maemo, didn't come here for a phone. We came here for a Linux distribution on a small handset device. A REAL Linux distribution, not another ME TOO iPhone/Android competitor. Even on the merits of being a phone hardware competitor, it's mostly a yawn-worthy device overall--so it doesn't really excite either crowd. Mind you, that's my view on it--so we'll see what time tells. I was right about the N900's chances to impress and be popular--it never took over anything anywhere, from what I've been told. Let's see what happens now with this new iteration.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Take your Magenta N9 down town next week to a strategic hipster coffee spot and swipe your open apps / icons / etc mindlessly into infinity with your gaze focused on a far horizon and enjoy your RAM upgrade...
IT'S NOT PINK! IT'S... oh right, you said that.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-06-23 at 08:43. Reason: Consolidation cha-cha-cha

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
Nokia N9 will not be sold in the UK !!!

This is just speculation but after reading an article on the handheld blog it appears N9 might not be sold in the UK. Say this isn’t so nokia?

Check it out yourself on Nokia check availability page, UK is missing… this has to be an oversight!

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...0p2!1831161395

http://thehandheldblog.com/2011/06/2...ability-india/
hehehehehe Greece

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
i really don’t think it won’t be sold in UK (germany wasn’t listed too!!!). But anyway you have the option to buy it in another european country!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
Did i miss something or these things are missing for sure from the OS ?
File manager
Flash support
Built in netradio support like in maemo5

Android apps will be available by the end of the year on the N9 through Alien Dalvik system.

This is what we are talking about…

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n9-an...lvik-22160809/

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Android apps will be available by the end of the year on the N9 through Alien Dalvik system.

That is pure speculation. Don't hold your breath...
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

This same URL was already posted on this thread at least half a dozen times and repeatedly pointed out that it isn't likely to be true based on the same claims being pitched for the N900, or something like that.

Personally, I think it would be a shame if it didn't. It would actually made this device useful and add even more of an audience for the Android Market and apps written for that platform running on top of other more fuller operating systems. I suspect Nokia would not like it, though, because it's competition for their own Nokia branded app store and that Microsoft would not appreciate the promotion of an Android ecosystem on yet another device.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????