Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Why? He is overvalued.
Nowhere near to the same degree as Marko Ahtisaari.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEb3WSs3CI
Mobile World Congress 2013 -
Discussion Panel: Mozilla, Canonical and JollaMobile
Very nice panel. Ubuntu have the best spokes person by far no we just have to wait a year for the oses

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Didn't he leave or is about to sometime soon?
No he hasn't. He was promoted this year just below Ahtisaari to have broader involvement on physical design and UX. He also is more active at tweeting about Nokia these days.
I got a feeling that Skillman is one of the people who got to the project announced by Nokia end of 2012 to invest on its high level core talents.

I wouldn't personally mind seeing Skillman or Ahtisaari on Jolla, but that's all a pipe dream. Neither do i really think Jolla should ever spent its money to people like them. Stuff from Jolla will need to be more smaller scale and organic with less strategic planning and project management that the like of Ahtisaari really does as his daily job.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-03-04 at 15:33.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Beat me to it, yet again

I think that project management and execution are centrally important to Jolla and its design partners/talent, both hardware and software. I am more focused on the final product's quality than I am on the personalities involved behind the scenes.

I'd love it if they'd get us something solidly built but not necessarily exceptional, like the BB Z10. If they produce something that looks like the HTC One, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Am i the only one finding it somewhat funny that persons stating SoC, GPU etc. specs are not important, still seem to use _FM_ in their cars or where ever, but not BT or at least AUX?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

Make sure you see the latest video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEgdW3KSxkM and remember this is an unofficial piece of work and is a very early work in progress.

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Sailfish on Exopc #merproject - Video by vgrade100

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Am i the only one finding it somewhat funny that persons stating SoC, GPU etc. specs are not important, still seem to use _FM_ in their cars or where ever, but not BT or at least AUX?
The radio in my Triumph GT6 doesn't have BT or AUX.

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?